very weird placenta position,is it just really big?

averagegirl

Reaction score
hi everyone,im new here,this is my first post,but not my first baby i have my second scan a few days ago,my baby is fine,apparently a girl,not too sure though as the cord was right in between their legs,
anyhow the midwife took ages to find where my placenta was,she was having real problems,the reason it took her so long is because it was so long and wide it was nearly covering the whole of my uterus wall!it was in one long pancake piece,and it wasnt too thick or thin,but it started from the posterier,all the way up the fundus and then right along the anterior too :shock:
i thought thats odd i didnt think they could be that big unless expecting twins,it was clear of the cervix opening (just) about 5cm from where it started on the right side of the opening,then it ended about 5cm away from the left side of my cervix opening,
has anyone else had this before?i have tried looking up info but couldnt find anything,she write down on my notes it is mainly on the posterior wall but she did add extra notes to say it was on the other 2 walls too,so like a complete 'u' shape placenta,
i also have a small fibroid near the opening of cervix so may have to have another scan later
a little worried

hey hun, didnt want to read and run and i cant say i have heard anything re placenta's been too big etc but i guess if they weren't worried about the size of it then theres no need for you to worry either :) congrats on your pregnancy btw xx

Hi, congrats and welcome! Sorry I've no experience of this. But like deedee said, if they arent that worried about it then that should give you some comfort. At your next scan, they will probably chech the size again to see if its changed. Congrats on team pink too. xx

Hi :wave: Welcome PF and congrats too on baby #2.

I don't have any experience or info, but i'd speak to MW and see what she says, she might refer you to a consultant if she thinks it might have an effect on the birth etc.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back