panicking :o(

claireyfairey

Reaction score
I haven't felt bubs today :( They only moved a tiny bit yesterday too...

Am I daft to be panicking about this? I only started feeling them move about a week ago, and it's freaking me out that I haven't felt them move much in the past two days :shock:

How often did you feel your baby move at first? Am I being ridiculous here?

C xxx

Try not to panic, they have quiet spells. My 1st baby was very laid back and hardly moved, this one is a budding kangaroo! Drink some cold water and lie on your back if your worried. You could always shine a lamp near your tummy, ,my lo used to respond to this.x

Hi,
I would say try not to worry as its still quite early on. I dont get lots of movement and at one point didnt get anything for about 3 weeks so ordered a doppler.
:hug:

I was getting lots of movement at 16/17 weeks to begin with lower down in my belly then everything went quiet for a couple of weeks and now it's all above my belly button.

I think she had moved to behind my belly button where I'm at my flabbiest and I couldn't feel her :lol: .

Try not to fret. At this stage they still have lots of room to move around they could be wriggling away in there and you might not notice. They might be kicking your placenta to bits so you'd not feel a thing. LO is still down below your belly button somewhere and chances are is active just you cannot feel it so much.

I didn't notice regular movements till I was 22 weeks or so. Up till then I'd maybe notice a few one day, nothing the next then a day later feel more. At 17 weeks or so it is still early to be feeling something on a regular basis or that you can definately say was a kick. Often LOs can move and you won't even realise if you are moving at the same time or something.

Don't worry Clairey I'm sure your LO is fine :D Perhaps your bubs is having a lazy weekend.

I can't wait to start feeling something :)

Oh Claire babe! :hug: Don't panic, bubs is probably just having a quiet few days. They shift around so much at our stages that his/her kicks might be whacking you in a place you can't feel.

Sometimes I can feel Evie kick round my back (kind of) and then I feel her turn around and I get kicked up, out, forwards lol so really try not to worry, he/she is probably kicking, but somewhere you can't feel :hug:

Or he/she is just reeeeally lazy :roll: xxx

:hug: I didn't feel my baby kick at all until about 20 weeks- don't worry if you aren't feeling regular movements!

As someone who wants to go to bed but has a rave going on in her womb... I'll swap ya?! :rotfl:

Mine wasn't overly active at 18wks, i feel bubs slightly but t was very o n and off... It moves alot more now, its moving about as i type now lol!!

so try not to worry bubs will move when you least expect it ;)

dont worry hun, i used to get days like that, but now i cant stop her! ill be lucky if i can get a quiet morning or evening! as others have said at 18 weeks baby still has alot of room in there, baby is just giving you a bit of a rest! lol xxx

Thanks for all the lovely responses :hug:

I've felt bubs moving loads today which is reassuring. I've noticed I feel them when I'm sitting down, as opposed to lying down or walking about. LO was wriggling about for ages this afternoon, so I'd got used to the feeling, then all of a sudden I got an almighty kick! It was harder than anything else I've felt so far and it was so unexpected I physically jumped out of my chair :rotfl: My colleagues wondered what on earth I was doing :D It felt a bit uncomfortable to be kicked like that actually, felt so strange....I guess I better get used to it! :lol:

C xxx

I'm glad your LO was more active today :) :hug:

Sounds like you have a karate champ in the making in there :D

Ahh bless, you've got a gooden there, reassuring mummy! :hug: xx

ive only had a few really hard kicks, now because Sophie is bigger it feels more like squirming and rolling around, and my god does that feel weird and freaky! especially now shes can get higher up and futher round the sides! haha

Mildly: Haha, I hope not! LO hasn't kicked like that since but I guess it's just going to get harder as the weeks roll by :)

Dannii: :cheer: Now if only bubs always does what mummy wants, I will have an easy life with a bit of luck :D

Miss.Monroe: It does feel freaky!!! I didn't really like the way it felt...felt all strange and ikky. But like I said, I think I just need time to get used to the sensation. It's great feeling bubs wriggling but that kinda hurt! :?

C xxx

Aw I'm glad bubs has made him/herself known again today. I remember feeling the same around the same time but read more or less the same thing about the baby kicking the placenta. Don't worry, it won't be long and you won't be able to sit down or go to bed without being kicked to bits! It's reassuring but it can make life a bit uncomfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back