Pissed and pregnant...

I watched it too! it is ridiculous, people are so irresponisble and as dionne said they should be sterile cos they do not deserve the gift of carrying a child. I drank and smoked before i got to know i was pregant ( 5 weeks ), ive stopped both habits immediately as soon as i got to know. yes i would like to go out and get pissed and i still crave cigarettes but i will never ever put my baby through any danger whatsoever just for the sake of booze and fags. recently i have been taking half a glass of red wine once a week ( my mum whos mediterranean said its okay and good for you), it is really nice and it was a treat for me, but since watching that programme im not sure i want it anymore. baby is the most important thing in the world for me!

I agree, there should be something done, like that woman, i agree she should have been charged with something, she had deformed her child through her own selfishness.

roxanne080 said:
i have been taking half a glass of red wine once a week ( my mum whos mediterranean said its okay and good for you), it is really nice and it was a treat for me, but since watching that programme im not sure i want it anymore.

exactly how i feel. my doctor told me the occasional drink was ok but after seeing this program i think i might just not bother. i can always make up for it later :lol:
i would like to have seen more on this program about the effects of 1 or 2 drinks, as opposed to focusing on women who were getting really drunk. they showed the startled baby bit, but didn't say how many drinks the women had and how long the effect lasted for.
i jut want to know if it's safe to have 1 drink or not, but seeing as nobody seems to know for sure then it seems the only safe thing is to not have any
(roll on july!!!!! :lol: )

I bloody only went and missed it
I knew I would
Grrr
I found out i was preg when i was like 4 weeks I drank sometimes and smoked b4 that but as soon as them 2 lines appeared straight edge for me LOL

Misslarue said:
claire81 said:
When you become pregnant, you become a mother, and that means you can no longer be selfish! :shakehead:

:clap: I totally agree.
If anything a few of my friends have said I've gone too far the other way, but I don't care! I could never knowingly put my baby at risk. You are talking about 9 little months out of your entire life.

In the program: What did people think about the state in amercia that made it illegal for pregnant women to drink, smoke or do drugs???
(no rows please people, just hearty debate! :wink: )

I thought this was great, they should do it here too! I was surprised though that patches aren't recommended. I guess that goes for lozenges as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back