Pine Nuts and Pesto Sauce

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just read some where that we should not be having Pesto sauce as its got Basil and Pine nuts. That is to avoid the baby having any allergy with these..are there any facts related to it or is it just another myth..Thanks in advance

i thought you only need to avoid nuts if you got allergy in your family?
My sister is allergic to nuts (started when she was 26) but i do eat peanut butter and snickers now and again..

I don't know about Pine Nuts and Pesto Sauce specifically, but I don't think the link between nuts during pregnancy and your child developing any kind of allergy has been proven.

I think if you, FOB or a close family member has an allergy to them then it's probably best to err on the side of caution.

Avoiding nuts won't do you any harm, but it's not necessary as far as I know.

yes i think you only need to avoid nuts if theres a history of nut allergy in the family x

I read yesterday that the nhs have released a study that shows their is no connection with pregnant people eating nuts affecting an unborn baby in getting an allergy to nuts. So I eat nuts as I normally would, I think a lot of the things we shouldn't be doing or eating are a little over the top. Personally that's what I think. X

Thanks all..its just I had a craving for pine nut salad at M&S and then got confused if I need to avoid it due to nut allergy..I am grabbing that salad tomorrow..:)

I don't think people should avoid eating nuts during pregnancy or giving thier child nuts just in case of an allergy! How would you know if your childs allergic? I've always given lacey nuts as their good for her and she's never had a reaction. You need to try things just to see x x

I read yesterday that the nhs have released a study that shows their is no connection with pregnant people eating nuts affecting an unborn baby in getting an allergy to nuts. So I eat nuts as I normally would, I think a lot of the things we shouldn't be doing or eating are a little over the top. Personally that's what I think. X

i have read this also, and that eating nuts in pregnancy can PREVENT nut allergies as your babys used to them while there inside you,

im eating them still as me and oh havent got allergies or any family members

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back