Couple of can/can't have questions if anyone can help!!

LaurenMM

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about nuts lol. Me and OH usually have pasta with my homemade pesto during the week and I make it with basil pine nut and oil. I know the basil is ok but can she have the pine nuts or shall I leave them out? There's no allergy history in either families.

Also, this may seem a silly questions but how long can veg be kept for?! I usually buy just one sweet potato and a few carrots etc just enough for the week but they don't have expiry dates as I buy them in singles? Like I bought a sweet potato a week ago and wanna give some to her tonight? There's no yucky bits on it? xx

Root veg can keep for long so i say just cook it.
Re nuts, they say it can be chokong hazard as well, not only allergy related. I would probably leave them out just in case although i dont know much about pine nuts

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ah sorry I should've said hun the nuts get blended and the oil softens them so they're not hard lumps they're really tiny x

I know hun :). I meant normally its advised against nuts as they are choking hazars as well but in this case dont know really.
I would probably leave them for now and ask a HV/nurse next time you see them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lol sorry :p am rather sleepy today haha. I'll double check with HV next time I see her :) x

Veg will keep for ages hun in the fridge. I've often got carrots and pots that I've had for a good couple of weeks

My theory is if it feels ok it'll be ok!!

Ah brill thanks hun. I'm always concerned about things like that, I always make sure I wash everything and check it for nasty bits but usually I just throw it out after a week oops lol xx

There is a recipe for pesto in the Gill Rapley cookbook and there is no warning or note next to the recipe so I would say you should be fine :)

I always ignore dates on fruit and veg- if you store it right it can last for weeks!!

Jack had smooth peanut butter at 6 months and he was fine! I was thinking of giving him pesto and pasta next week. I love pesto but keep forgetting to buy it!

Mm I love pesto too :) I used to have it from the jar but ever since I made my own I love it lol I just use basil pine nuts oil garlic and mix it with Parmesan and stir it in the pasta and add chicken and mushroom yummmmmy :) x

Sounds delicious! I'm sure it'll be fine, I'd do it.

Re best before dates/use by dates...I ignore them on everything. They are only put on to cover the supermarkets backs. If something looks and smells fine, I eat it!

Where I am from they advice against garlic until one year old. It can upset their tummies I think but I don't know 100% for sure. Maybe you can ask about that your hv or maybe someone else here knows. I would give pesto and just. Watch for any allergies.

Sounds delicious! I'm sure it'll be fine, I'd do it.

Re best before dates/use by dates...I ignore them on everything. They are only put on to cover the supermarkets backs. If something looks and smells fine, I eat it!

Agreed!

he weaning guide i have says no whole nuts before 3 ears but nothing about ground

you could just leave them out, im allergic to them so never put them in my pesto and its till yummy x

ignore me just seen it right n front of me says food containing nuts from 9 months once no family history of alergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back