• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pillows to aid sleep

nori

Reaction score
I thought id share my findings with you.. I was finding sleeping a bit of a prob. I know im not at the really big stage so no doubt things will get worse, but everytime i was lying on my sides they would hurt and id have to keep shifting sides (not sure if this is normal at this stage or if its baby lying on my already inflamed bowels due to the crohns).

Anyway.. i tried normal pillows and just couldnt get comfy so decided to get one of those curved breastfeeding pillows (from john lewis) They are suppose to be good for supporting the bump, and then for breastfeeding and also to keep baby sitting up later on (so thought id get my pennies worth). I tried it out and again i couldnt get it in the right position.. its just too big and too firm.

So..I went in mothercare and bought a small triangular pillow for a tenner which just slots under the bump.. its brilliant! Its small and compact and can shift sides with you without bashing your partner on the head in the middle of the night.. I recommend it!

Claire x

i may have to look into them as ive got a full length one and as you say it is a marathon turning in bed.

I've got one of these big mothercare breastfeeding pillows and find it very comfortable to fall asleep with, lying on the side with part of the pillow between my legs and then under the bump. Weirdly I keep waking up lying on my back and the pillow covering my face though which renders it a bit useless.

My mum made me a pillow the other week out of a rolled up duvet! It's fab, although does push OH out of bed a bit! Might have to look into this more compact solution, thanks for the recommendation.

Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back