Maternity Pillows

ickleprawn

Reaction score
Hi

I've was told I have SPD or Pelvic Girdle Pain last week and the worst time for me seems to be at night. I've spent hours looking at maternity pillows as I find normal pillows too chunky, but can't decide which to get. It'd be good if it also doubled as a nursing pillow. Have any of you bought something that really works? Have any of you tried the dream genii ones that are advertised everywhere?

Thanks for any advice. xxx

I just got a Mothercare Maternity Pillow for about £30 - it's just a massive long pillow, about the length of two standard pillows.

I find I can only get to sleep in a certain position these days, it's a nightmare! I put pillow against OH's back, swing my leg over it and rest my arm over him, lol! Poor git has to sleep that way all the time now; and I end up taking up half the bed with me and my pillow! lol!! Must be love eh?!

Hope you get a comfy nights sleep soon :)

Hi ickleprawn, I bought a bolster pillow (which is just a 6ft pillow really!) when pregnant with my first and it was one of the best buys! I used it throughout pregnancy, whilst breastfeeding and as a support for my son when he started sitting up. I am now using it again this time around and my son who will be 3yrs at the end of June thinks it is a wonderful thing and uses it as a tent, pirate plank and you name it!!! :)

I got one from Mothercare for about £30 I actually had it before I was pregnant due to back ache after having my son and it really helps me to get comfortable :)

When I had SPD with my son I just used ordinary pillows and made sure I had one at my back and one between my knees and I just made sure knees were closed when rolling over in bed :hug:

I was given a V shaped pillow that I curve around my back and just a normal pillow under bump and between my legs. I'm up rearranging myself every hour and a half through the night because of the pain (yup the dreaded SPD here too!), and usually end up with the duvet rolled up along my front so I don't have to battle with pillows, and makes it easier to get the right thickness and it's long enough to go under bump and between full leg length. I have to admit, I can no longer do this in my own bed with OH, so i've had to move into the spare room :(

I also read somewhere that silky sheets/pyjamas or whatever helps to turn over, I prefer getting right out of bed and back in again, much less painful for me!

Last edited:
Also got the big long pillow which is great , its a body pillow and i got it from Ebay, does make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back