piggy in the middle!!

deedee84

Reaction score
Dont know if anyone can advise, i'm kinda stuck in the middle!

Ok, so my dad has rented his house out to my cousin as he works as a caretaker at a local school so gets a house in with the job, anyway, when she first rented the house, he didnt give her a contract and as they were struggling for money didnt take a bond from them either, my cousin has just popped to mine and told me that she has asked for a contract and my dad has then asked her for a bond in return, i know hes my dad but i'm sure he cant do this to her can he??

xx

If he puts in the contract that he needs a deposit/bond then yeah he can hun. Although since it's been a friendly agreement then surely he might let them pay it up?

On the other hand, your dad might need to get a lawyer to draft up a contract etc so it may cost him money - that could be the reason why?

Hope they get it sorted hun xx

thanks levi, i suppose with havin no contract to begin with he probably is within his rights to do as he pleases, moral of the story, make sure you have an agreement or contract in writing i guess! Just pap that its family havin disagreements would be so much easier if it was just a stranger renting his house i guess!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back