Piercings!!

Princess_ghia

Reaction score
Was just wondering if any other ladies on here have their nipples pierced??....I have mine done and have been told by my b/f that i'm gonna have to take them out as i want to breast feed!!

I was just wondering if i had to take them out and let the holes heal up (and if so when would be the best time to do this?)...Or could I get away with just taking them out at feeding times??.....I really dont want to let them heal up as it took a lot of courage to get them done in the first place, and would hate to have to have them done all over again....But obviously my baby comes first, and so was wondering what your advise would be, or whether you've had any experience with this sort of thing???

Sorry for the long post...all advice greatly appreciated!!

xxx

I have my nipple pierced hun, I did plan to breastfeed but didn't in the end but when I mentioned my piercing to my MW she said it would be fine to just take out before a feed

Princess_ghia said:
Was just wondering if any other ladies on here have their nipples pierced??....I have mine done and have been told by my b/f that i'm gonna have to take them out as i want to breast feed!!

I was just wondering if i had to take them out and let the holes heal up (and if so when would be the best time to do this?)...Or could I get away with just taking them out at feeding times??.....I really dont want to let them heal up as it took a lot of courage to get them done in the first place, and would hate to have to have them done all over again....But obviously my baby comes first, and so was wondering what your advise would be, or whether you've had any experience with this sort of thing???

xxx

I have had both nipples pierced, one is still in as the oher closed up whilst in hosp last year.

I plan on beastfeedin and i will more thna likely use my left breast to feed..... thats the one that closed up!

I always thought if i stil had it done the milk would come out 3 holes lol!
xx

FoxyMummy said:
Princess_ghia said:

xxx

I have had both nipples pierced, one is still in as the oher closed up whilst in hosp last year.

I plan on beastfeedin and i will more thna likely use my left breast to feed..... thats the one that closed up!

I always thought if i stil had it done the milk would come out 3 holes lol!
xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol its just me being blonde haha!

i should have never dyed my hair back to brown :roll:
x

i dont know why im laughin to be honest... i should be blonde...

i remember in school i did child development, and we were learning about amniostesis (sp) tests and the teacher was saying that the needle goes thru the uterus and into the amniotic sac....
so silly me put my hand up and said "would it not pop?" :oops:

kim seems like a logical question!

anyway.. i had my left peirced.. and took it out about week 25 and mine didnt close up but the holes went tighter.. and it hurt putting it bk in..i fed for aobut 5 days but didnt produce any milk..

i managed to get my ring back in but it really really bloody hurt..and was sore for a few days..butt hen was great.. then about 2 years ago i took it back out for my op and a few weeks later i went to put it bk in and the holes had done the same.. i think it i had a bar i could get it back in ok.. i think its just coz a ring isnt the smooth shape that the peirceing holes are..

personally if you really dont want to take them out keep lots of breast pads handy.. and just take out for feeds.. if you do end up feeding you will probably end up taking them out i think as nipples get really really sore!

p.s - the woman who said shes going to mostly feed of her left breast.. you need to be equal with feeding alternate each breast each feed or you will get very very full and sore..good luck xx

Thanks all......Thats kinda put my mind at ease!!...I think i'll give it a go trying to take them out before a feed and see how i get on!!...If it gets too much then i'll just keep them out n if they heal up, they heal up!!

foxy mummy...I was wondering that very same thing too (bout it coming out of 3 holes) :rotfl: :rotfl:

I had my nipples pierced and you're all lauging about it coming out of three holes? It most certainly did with mine and it was such a mess!! :oops: I had to have 2 pads in and change them ALL the time. I hated every minute of the milk making thing as I was convinced that everyone could smell me :oops:

I have my nipples pierced.

When i had my son, I only had one done. I took it out half way through. That was 5 years ago, and still it has never 100% closed. I got it re-pierced last year along with the other one.

When i had my son, I did not seem to be producing enough milk. So, I would not try this time xxx

Emma28....well at least we all know now!!....I think i'll just take them out once the baby's born and hope that the flow of milk keeps them open...I think it will be too much agro to keep taking it out every time, and it may make them sorer than normal too!!...(I never thought I'd have any more kids and so thats why i got them done!!..My other child is 11 this year, so that shows you how long i've been trying!!)

xxx

Wow, congratulations on your pregnancy then :clap:
You must really be over the moon, 11yrs is a hell of a long time to be trying. Hope you're having a good time of it :hug:

hey, i was advised to take it out and let it heal then i cud have it redone after id finished feeding..

i have sucessfully been feeding for 5months+ now.. :D

I didnt wanna risk any infection for the baby in case it harbored germs...

its your choice...

Hi, i have taken mine out, took it out last week as my nipples were sensitive and it was making it worse, it is much better now and it will heal up enough for me to feed near normal, my sis had probs feeding after taking hers out too late, and not only that what if it gets infected (the holes) i wouldnt want the baby sucking on that.

Emma28...Thanks hun!!...Yeh we are well pleased!!.....New b/f had kind of resigned himself to the fact that he would never be a dad, and so he's over the moon too!!

Lozziejane and xRachx...That's a very good point to make...I had not thought about the potential for infection......I think I will take them out then...I'll make sure i've got half the pregnancy out of the way first, and then i'll take them out, leaving time for them to heal before feeding commences!!

Cheers girls...You're all a great source of info!!.. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back