Phoned my Dr today - no Gp appt or anything - normal?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
I called my Dr today to ask what I need to do now I'm pregnant.

All she did was schedule my booking appt for when I'm 9 weeks, and then said I need to come in and pick up a pregnancy pack from reception to send off for my scan.

Thought I'd need to take a wee sample to the GP or something.....apparently not in Surrey.

This is perfectly normal hun. Some Gp's will do another urine test but others will just take your word for it, it saves them time LOL:lol: I never saw my GP at all! :)

That seems pretty normal, it's strange isn't it you expect things but it's quite different from how I thought. I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my booking appointment and still don't even get to send off for a scan or anything, have no idea when I'll get a scan! :(
Your midwife will probably do all the thorough checks at the booking appt anyway.

That's pretty much what happened for me too, first person I saw about my pregnancy was the midwife at my booking appointment xx

Seems fine to me... My doctors never asked for anything, 1st appt I had was with the midwife for booking in :)

Yup ... I've not seen my GP once :)

I had to remind the midwife to check my pee too!

Yep, its normal hun.

When I was pregnant with AJ they requested a urine sample but not this time, they just took my word for it.

Congratulations x

Every surgery is different hun, my GP did see me prior to referring me BUT didn't need a wee sample

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds normal to me :) I didnt have to give a wee sample or anything, so far since I have been pg I have only seen the mw xxx

Thanks everyone. :)

I guess you just imagine an appointment etc.

Can't believe I have to wait till the end of July!! Urgh.

I called my Dr today to ask what I need to do now I'm pregnant.

All she did was schedule my booking appt for when I'm 9 weeks, and then said I need to come in and pick up a pregnancy pack from reception to send off for my scan.

Thought I'd need to take a wee sample to the GP or something.....apparently not in Surrey.

Hello lady!

Just noticed your post in pregnancy chat and squealed lol. Huge congratulations to you and your hub on your BFP!

Re your situation, my county weren't that interested until the booking in and scan. Because pg tests are so sensitive these days, they take your word for it.

Hope you have a really happy and healthy 9 months ahead xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back