Phil and teds doubles or other double

ella

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a double buggy and I keep coming back to this one but I know some people dont like them, I use a buggy mainly going for walks (I have a quinny buzz for darragh and I love it because it is so easy to push on long walks) so I really think I need the bigger wheels, but I also go around town so want a buggy that is fairly compact and fits through doors and I also need to be able to lift it in a out of car.

So basically if anyone has one - what do you like/dislike about it? Or can anyone suggest an alternative

Thanks

We got this one last night

http://www.pramworld.co.uk/product/4862 ... C_RedBlack

so haven't had time to take it out to test yet but from what I can see it seems great!
It folds smaller than our Quinny Speedi and it is a lot lighter too. It's not as wide either!
I was a bit unsure about the fact once the newborn is a bit older, the 2nd seat goes on the back. I thought it was pretty low down right near the floor but it's not that low at all really!

well, if i had had a try out of the phil and teds BEFORE i bought it, i wouldnt have got it.

i find it heavy and awkward lifting in and out of the car. if i want to go up a kerb at an angle then the underside of the buggy (the basket bit) gets caught on the kerb and it feels like it's going to tip to the side ie into the road, and i have to literally pull it up.

When I am walking and if the pavement is on a slat ie the left side ofthe kerb is higher, not as if your going down a hill, then it constantly feels like i'm pushing agaisnt it and the pram feels like its got a mnd of its own.

now granted all this is worse when i have oliver sat on top if the baby. but it is HARD WORK pushing them both together.

Best double around but that said its still not perfect. I dont like the way the front seat reclines and sits up, its a fiddle when the childs sat in there and i dont like the way it folds (although it is tiny in the boot) but then i dont think any double will ever be 100% as they need to carry 2 kids. For us the phil and teds is the best of a naf bunch.

On the plus side, its small, conpact, fold easy, fits in the car easy, is comfy for the kids, fits through doors, suits all ages, the panniers are good, its very stable, the colours are funky and the option to go from double to single in about 10 seconds is genius!

I used mine for the first time today and couldn't believe how much lighter it was comapared to the Quinny! Then again I only have Brody in it at the moment :lol:

Was just wondering if any of you have a different Phil&Teds - are some lowere than others? Ours seems really quite high and the basket doesn't seem too low like Star has problems with.

We have the phil and teds sport and bought it this year, the basket doesnt rub on anything at all. No probs with that! :D

i have the phil and teds sport. its just up kerbs at an angle i have a prob with. and its when oliver is on the double seat when it is attached to the top of the pram, not behind it that it feels like its going to topple on a slant.

:think: :think: it really is hard to know, mind you once Darragh is walking well I will need a single buggy again and I really dont want to have to buy another one (I am going to sell my quinny) so that is another plus for the phil and ted I guess

I'm planning on getting the icandy Pear, have you looked into them? They can turn into a single once the double is no longer needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back