~~PF PUMPKIN CARVING COMPETITION~~

Urchin

Reaction score
Whoooo HOooo It's that time of year again!

pumpkinrow.gif

We're going to have a Pumpkin Carving Competition!

If you'd like to enter, simply buy and carve a pumpkin then pm me with a picture of it. I will make new thread with all the entries in and we will vote for the winner. The winner will receive a £10 voucher to spend in one of hundreds of stores

RULES

1- 1 Entry per person

2- Must be your own work, for this reason we ask all photos have a piece of paper somewhere in the pic with "PF" written on it. (not that we don't trust you or anything but thats the fairest way we think!)

3- Entries must be pmed to me by the day before Halloween..30th October. I will make a thread with them all in and we can start voting on the 31st!

4- Votes will be cast by pming one of the mods.

5- Voting closes after 1 week, Wednesday 7th November.

You can get some ideas by looking here

GOOD LUCK!!!

pump62.gif
pump62.gif
pump62.gif
pump62.gif

I dont want to enter the comp (the voucher wouldnt do me much good lol) but can i still send a photo please? I love pumpkin carving!

Of course you can!

I'll be posting a pic of mine probably too cos I can't enter either :cry:

oooooh!!!! I will enter!!! I have a HUGE pumpkin already to carve!!

ok.. so has to be by you.. can it be a family carve? lol...coz theres no way in the world am i gonna get away with doign it by myself unless i get up at 3am to do it lol..(hands in everywhere lol)

I'm sure a group effort would be fine, unless anyone else objects? :lol:

Who's entering then?
Pics in by Tuesday please!

Think I will be :D

My nephews are coming trick or treating on weds night so I thought I might carve one for fun for when I answer the door to them.. all the more reason to do it now :D

I am going to be carving mine today!!! hehe!! Cant wait!

I'll be giving it a go tomorrow i think... can it be done with a normal knife?Is the inside easy to take out? Ashamed to say I've never carved a pumkin before :oops:

My Pumpkin carving tips:

1) After taking the lid off, scrap as much of the inside out as you can. You can use a big spoon for this, make sure the best side which you will be carving has lots of the inside scraped off and it's nice and even

2) You can draw your design on with a felt tip or a pencil.

3) Use a small sharp knife, and cut stright into the pumpkin, not at an angle.

4) You can use vaseline on the edges to smooth them down if they the flesh sticks out and is jagged.

5) Put a few candles inside, you get a good photo when the pumpkin is lit and is in an almost-dark room with no flash.

6) Don't leave it lit unnecessarily, it'll go soft and won't last so long. Also don't leave it near a radiator, the best place to store a cut pumpkin is in the fridge!

7) also you get the best pics when it's freshly cut.. once lit the edges will start to curl a bit with the heat and the design can lose definition.

I'll try too.

Gotta do one for the boy's party on Wednesday anyway. I like the one with the spider on so I might attempt that one... added bonus for a spiderman boy to have a spider pumpkin :cheer:

i'm going to enter 2,going to work now but will take a pic n try n submit it later!

Will tomoro night be too later to enter? DH hasn't had chance to do ours yet he was gonna do it tomoro after work?

okiegirl said:
i'm going to enter 2,going to work now but will take a pic n try n submit it later!

It's one entry per person I'm afraid, if you enter 2 pics it'll give you an unfair advantage. If 2 pumpkins make one "scene" in one photo it's OK but not two seperate entries, it's in the rules :)

Kelly G said:
Will tomoro night be too later to enter? DH hasn't had chance to do ours yet he was gonna do it tomoro after work?

Yeah of course that'll be fine :)

Everyone remember to pm the pics to me, don't post them here... so people don't know who they are voting for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back