Petition to lower cervical cancer screening age in England

Signed!

Seeing jade deterioate in the public eye is really upsetting, was reading the sun yesterday with the article about her coming home and getting married made me cry. So sad.

:cry:

SarahH said:
I got my first smear at 16 in Scotland

I got mine at 16 too....would it just be Grampian or has the law changed? Unfort I need mine every 6 months now :(

MakkaP said:
SarahH said:
I got my first smear at 16 in Scotland

I got mine at 16 too....would it just be Grampian or has the law changed? Unfort I need mine every 6 months now :(

I had my first smear in England, I am sure I was around 19/20 :think: My memory has gone to pot since I hit 30! :lol: I read yesterday that it changed in England in 2003 and at first the rest of the Uk was going to follow but for various reasons it never happened.

I had my first smear when I was 20 and had my first abnormal when I was in my early 20's and went on to have opre cancerous cells removed when I was 24... the age dies need to be lowered!

It does need to be lowered. My doctors surgery here gives smears a year after becoming sexually active, and after childbirth as they are two of the highest risk categories.
I know many people who have had treatment for precancerous cells in their teens and early twenties, who would never have been screened otherwise.

I've signed it.

I was lucky enough to start having smears at 19 before they changed the age to 25. I've had 3 routine smears and one where they needed to re-do it to double check. Thankfully it came back normal. When you think that 70% of cervical cancer is caused by HPV which is sexually transmitted it makes sense to start screening when a woman becomes sexually active.

signed I just can't believe its so high atm :shock: stupid stupid stupid :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back