• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Period Type Pains

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I had some really bad stomach pains which the hospital and dr thought were due to a UTI. My sample came back clear and I had the pains for 5 days and it then settled. All afternoon I've had similar pains again. I've been sat down for the last 45 minutes and felt the pain flare up about 4/5 times. If I stand up and walk the pain is more intense and I feel loads of pressure although the pain isn't as bad as last time. The only way I can describe the pain is that it feels like period pain mostly on the right hand side of my lower stomach . I've also got lower back pain as well. I don't know whether to call the hospital or not. When I last spoke to the mw (not my own one) she told me I was "too focused on the pregnancy and feeling every little pain" so I don't want to be seen as wasting their time.
What do you guys think?

Thanks for any replies

Cat x

Hi hun, I think if it's just period type pain (which I think u can get in your back too) I wouldn't worry too much as it can be a pre labour sign (many people on here seem to be having it for several weeks before actual labour starts)..........if it feels more like contractions or u have any other labour signs (a show, waters break etc) then I would def ring. Having said all that if u can't stop worrying I would call mw or delivery suite just for advice, it's what they are there for. Hope u feel better soon xxx

She shouldn't have said that to you.. If your in pain u should go get checked.. Don't let one silly mw put you off!

if your worried give them a ring thats what they are paid for !!! why give us a list of things to watch out for if we dont !!! xxxx

Thanks for your replies. I'm going to have a bath and see if they ease off if not I'll give them a ring. The mw did tell me that and then tell me to report any stomach pains! x

Believe me if you are in any doubt then ring, it's always best to get checked out Hun xxx

I think its what has happened to you this week Princess that has made me panic a bit more than I usually would! x

I doubted myself too but listened to the girls and rang in and I'm so glad I did. Always best to be on the safe side xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back