Pelvic Pain

Vicm

Reaction score
Is it normal to get quite bad pelvic pain at this stage? I am 34+5. For the last week or two it has been getting progressively worse. I am in a fair bit of pain when I walk (aside from looking like an idiot as I have to shuffle along), the last few days it is pretty impossible to move my leg high enough to get pants on when standing, not because I cant but because the pain in my pelvis is really bad. I can feel it when driving, trying to turn in bed etc. Went to aqua natal this morning thinking it may help but could even feel the pain in the water.

If I sit still or lie down its ok, just when I move. Literally feels like somone is pulling it apart. I dont see my MW till Monday, but could this just be baby engaging or is it too early for that? I dont want to make a fuss about it if its completly normal.

I've had some mild pains and clicking in my pelvis... have spoke to a gp friend and been googling..

babies head engaging can happen as early as 30 weeks I read on one site... mental!

My app also mentioned it this week (33 weeks) as normal and explains our waddle :)

i think tri 3 is the worst time to get it hun..
Im in agony with it atm and its just getting worse each day!! xx

Yeah I was ok before really but about 33 weeks or so I started getting it quite a lot, but not all the time. Sometimes I struggle to walk or even stand straight. My mw says it is pelvic girdle pain, she said about referring me to physio but I don't know if it is worth now, being NHS I assume it will take a few weeks to get anything sorted and I hope to have had the baby by then!

i have PGP hun and i was referred a week after. and i went to 4 classes and then gave me exercises to do at home..
it helped for a bit.. bit now i cant even get into the positions u need to to do the stretches! So i dont bother.

Im up every night in agony just trying to turn over. Its not nice at all :( xx

Sounds like its just another joy of pregnancy then :roll: at least mine isn't too bad, well not yet anyway. It doesn't stop be doing anything, just makes things that little but harder. Three weeks left in work then I can put my feet up :)

I've had that since 16 weeks ish. Sounds like spd/PGP. I have a support belt which helps a bit when walking but find any exercise makes it worse really. I've been trying to take it easy so it doesn't get worse as,it can be quite debilitating for some women. So take it easy hun. Xx

I've had that since 16 weeks ish. Sounds like spd/PGP. I have a support belt which helps a bit when walking but find any exercise makes it worse really. I've been trying to take it easy so it doesn't get worse as,it can be quite debilitating for some women. So take it easy hun. Xx

Oh you poor thing, sounds like I've been very lucky! I've given up the horses, OH now walks the dog so maybe it is time to get my feet up and relax for last few weeks :)

Hi Hun i got this really bad at 32/33 weeks to point i was still commuting to london and crying on train on way home it was impossible to walk.. am 35 weeks tomz and in past week its kind of gone? or eased shoudl i say
i dont walk far now... it hurts when i turn over in bed and my foof is sore
i struggle to get my knickers on bf does this for me

i refered myself to pyhsio which is tomz, am still going as it may flare up

i was horrified when i got it felt like id got away with it as some women get it very early on

i have acupuncture for mine which helps and basically his said its 'feet up time'

hope it eases hunny

I think rest is the name of the game. All my friends have had children already and loads have said they wished they rested more when they cpuld as they overdid it.

I've started with the pelvic pains this last week and some lovely stabbing pains in my groin. I'm guessing it's baby engaging as the midwife said baby was right on the pelvic brim last time and seemed to be getting ready to move further down. I have to hold on to something to help me get pants on!! Poor hubby has had to dress me a few times as well.

Unfortunately, it is just a case of rest when you can. I was referred to physio with back and hip pain at 29 weeks and got told there was nothing they could do as the usual treatments aren't deemed safe for the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back