back & pelvic pain

shesmurf

Reaction score
Hello ladies, thank god I'm now I've joined the third trimester crew, 22nd of Feb can't come quick enough!
Have a query about back and pelvic pain.
I've been getting this for a few weeks now and am a bit worried it could be my pelvis separating though not sure it's sore enough to be that?
Spoke to my GP last week after having to take a day off work I was just so sore and he has referred me to the antenatal physio. The back pain is generally from my coxics(sp?) right up ti between my shoulder blades and I half wonder if that's just because I'm HUGE!
The pelvic pain is the worry, it's only down one side (right), kinda feels almost like a strained or pulled muscle but gets a lot worse if I'm on my feet for any length of time or even sitting in an uncomfortable position. It's painful even turning over in bed so can't just be when there's pressure on it from weight of bump...any thoughts?

I had a bit of a scare with some spotting a couple of weeks ago (a week or two after the pelvic pain appeared) but had an exam and all seemed fine.

It sounds like elements of SPD, all to do with your body stretching, bones separating and preparing for your little one. i have had hip, pelvic, fanny bone and back pain since second tri and hips/pelvis really aches in bed and i have to keep turning obver which can be painful. if i go for a walk i tend to be sore for days!

go to your appointemtn but try not to worry, it sounds to me like one of those lovely pregnancy things which will get better once baby is out! Try to take it easy and have plenty of hot baths and gently massages if you can persuade someone!

Take care :hug:

Hun plenty of ladies in here can sympathise with that pain! :hug:
Hopefully physio will help! :hug:

I spent a bit of time the other day reserching SPD and just wondered if anyone knew whether it makes a difference how the baby is lying?
I had wondered if it was just bub pressing on the sciatic nerve causing the pain but found out yesterday she/he is still lying sideways, the head can't be pushing down causing the pain so thought SPD was more likely given that's hormone induced...but I'm no midwife/doc.

I definately feel for all you ladies who've had it for ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back