peeling skin

winnie89

Reaction score
Hi ladies so last night gave harry his first bath and it was a complete success but I noticed this morning his hands are peeling :S what should I do ??

Tyler had it terribly. Olive oil is the
Best thing to use I think :)

He had it on his belly aswell but that came off with his bath

Emily has this too - I really don't want to use any products on her skin, but think I might have to use olive oil as it is quite persistent. She also has really dry skin on her forehead.

Samuel had it on wrists and feet and olive oil is amazing :) x

I agree. Henry had it badly on his feet and legs but it's cleared up with the help of olive oil xxx

Angel suffered with this terribly, I had her at 41+1 and apparently this problem is common in overdue babies :) I just used the olive oil but this spray stuff its from Asda, the Little Angels range, its fine to use for newborns, I sprayed it on her skin and rubbed it in during bathtime and when I dried her :) x

Hi ladies so last night gave harry his first bath and it was a complete success but I noticed this morning his hands are peeling :S what should I do ??

Olive oil is amazing Hun ...it worked great on Ruby's hands and feet xxx

I agree, olive oil is great. Isaac had loads of dry flaky patches on his forehead this morning & I popped some olive oil on & now his skin looks beautiful, no flakes at all!

I'll pop some on him when I change him for bed do u just pop it on with some cotton wool?

I always use bedtime baby oil on Jake after his bath while he is still wet and then just dry him off after and his skin is always so soft and never dry and not oily either. He always smells gorgeous from it too :D

Last edited:
James has it as well it's really common in over due babies I use an emollient on him called epaderm as we all have bad skin anyway but will eventually clear up xx

Wrists, feet, thighs and tummy (if I remember correctly!) are common when newborn. I asked HV about it when B was a few weeks old. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back