Flakey Peeling Skin!

kazlin

Reaction score
I have noticed that Daniel has some flakey peeling skin in the folds of his ankles and wrists, also a little dry skin on his stomach. I have been smoothing a little Olive Oil into his skin as recommended by the MW, but I just wondered if this was a common newborn complaint and if anyone had experienced this with their little one?

MW is back round on Sunday so will mention it to her again.

mine has exactly the same and i was also recommended olive oil :D

yup leland had very dry skin too , see my post about avent cream in reccomend products !

i didnt use that till he was a lil older tho , keep trying with the olive oil , i was told to put it on him at every nappy change and its not soaking them in it that counts its working it in so massage him at same time to work it into the layers !

Yep Harrison had it too - in fact it's only just cleared now and he's 5 weeks.

Jake had that for the first few weeks. My HV said its is so mild that I shouldnt bother putting anything on it and its just what happend when you are bobbing about in a bag of water for 9 months :)

Yep calleigh has the same flakey skin, havent put any cream on yet tho, should i put something on her?

Thanks girls, my minds at rest now, I was a little worried about it :hug:

Eva had this too, it looks worse that it really is I think. I was told to use E45 cream which seemed to do the trick when put on regularly, and its not greasy like oil!

Aqueous cream is great too, and you can put it in their baths when they are really little and use it as a wash (the MW gave us that tip). Clarks was really bad, apparently because he was overdue.

aww bless ya! all babies have it give or take. I used johnsons camoille gel and that helped loads!

Hi kaz,
Yep, Mhairi had this too! My MW explained it as them "shedding their womb skin" which made sense to me as it must be a massive adjustment to go from a nice warm swimming pool, encased in lovely fluid, into a dry atmosphere!

It will pass!

xxx

lil miss had it too... I found Olive oil was too heavy to soak into the skin... so I got sweet almond oil which the skin just laps up, plus they don't smell so bad :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back