Pcos

ERIN84

Reaction score
Does anyone suffer from this? I'm getting really down as since I had Emily my weight has been going up and I can't stop it! Weight issues are one of the biggest side affects to PCOS apparently!

For the past 2 weeks I have been living on 1200 cals a day (so hard!) and done 4 spin classes a week and I have lost nothing.

I don't know what to do!

my sister in law has the symtom side and she got prescribed metformin and it helped her loose weight

I have it and ive put nearly 3 stone on in 2 years. It just keeps creeping up and up :(. Im hoping that by changing what i eat and getting more excersise i'll start to lose weight but its gonna be hard.

They say in the 1st 2 weeks of excersise you won't lose ibs as muscle weighs more than fat. I bet when you next get weighed you will have lost weight. Did you get your measurments down? coz if you don't lose lbs i bet your loosing inches :) xx

I dont have it but a friend does and shes struggled with her weight but since she started weight watchers she said its soo much better.

You were going to get the slimming world books werent you? Maybe that might help.

The thing is, whenever I have lost weight before, it's dropped off in the first 2 weeks! It's really getting to me now.

I do want to get the slimming world stuff Mel but don't wanna pay £20 for something I might not use!!?? If I knew I was gonna like it I wouldn't hesitate!

my sil was the same erin she tried everything but the metformin helped dont know if they give it everone but it did work

Funny you say that midnight, before I even wrote this thread I made appointment with doc for advice. See what he says....

It's just so gutting after 2 weeks if such hard work!! :-(

Does anyone suffer from this? I'm getting really down as since I had Emily my weight has been going up and I can't stop it! Weight issues are one of the biggest side affects to PCOS apparently!

For the past 2 weeks I have been living on 1200 cals a day (so hard!) and done 4 spin classes a week and I have lost nothing.

I don't know what to do!

Have you had a blood test testing for your Thyroid? It's very hard losing weight if you have an underactive thyroid ( I do) They would put you on thyroxine and you feel loads better.. just a thought

I hope the doc can offer some help! They might even suggest something like orlistat which is supposed to shed an extra lb for ever lb you lose yourself. I'm struggling but it's coming off gradually, I'm eating next to nothing though :(

Had blood tests in the past for my thyroid and it was all ok. Went to docs last week and he has sent me for more tests just to rule out thyroid again and a few other things. He actually weighed me there and since my 6am postnatal check up I have gained a stone **SHOCK** and I can say hand on heart I have not been eating lots of crap!!

Anyway I have another appointment this morning to see where we go from here. Just feel so down about it :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back