PCOS - any tips?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Lozzaste, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Lozzaste

Lozzaste Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Having had irregular periods for a while now (last cycle was 44 days) weight gain (despite huge amounts of exercise and a very healthy diet) 2 mmc at 11.5wks and various other symptoms, I'm starting to wonder if I could have PCOS. I have been to the doctor but she just kind of said "it's one of those things" blah blah. It's been 10 months almost since our last loss and we have been TTC ever since but my periods have been erratic, and some months I don't even think I ovulated at all.
    Does anyone have any experience of this and/or any tips of what we can do to increase our chances if I do indeed have it? Xx

2. Lozzaste

Oh I forgot to mention I have the acne of a 14 year old! Is horrific!

3. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I am not very knowledgeable on pcos at all but I would push for a referral to a gynae team or someone that can look jnto this for you. I am sure there are meds they can prescribe, I am not sure about any natural remedies. If your gp is reluctant, see someone else. I was fobbed off with some of my gps when I first started showing signs of endometriosis...I nagged them til I got referred x

4. Lozzaste

Thank you :) I think I'm going to change surgeries anyway, as we are in a different town now. I might see if my insurance covers private xx

5. Marcel

Marcel Well-Known Member

Hey I would definitely go back to docs and ask for a referral as I was in the same boat not ovulating all the time and really irregular periods and pushed them into referring me. They should do a scan to check for pcos good luck xx