paying a credit card using another credit card??

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Is this possible.
I have two credit cards running at the moment one has a higher interest rate than the other.
I applied for a balance transfer from one to the other but this was refused ???They say i have no balance transfer offers on my account at the moment and to call back and check in a month or so.
So i thought id see if i could pay the balance using my credit card but the Automated payment thing only accepts Pre registered Debit cards.

Would i beable to use my other credit card to pay or not?

Personally I'd apply for a new CC with free balance transfers and 0% interest. You can do comparisions iin the internet. In the current climate might be wise to go for a CC with the bank you have your current account as a lot of companies are really picky about who they give to now but if you have a proven history with a bank they will be more likely to give you a batter deal.
When you get it transfer both balances to the 0% interest and it gives you bit longer to pay it off without extra cost. (rememer there's usually 3%handling fee for tranfers so work out if what you'd be saving paying the 3% is more that the costs of interest on both the CC's you already have)
Another thing, make sure you officially close the other CC accounts - brings your credit rating down if you have too many accounts, so does a declined application so be careful who you apply to.

God, that actually sounds like my dad - I must be getting old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back