Pate :-(

I was told funny eggs ok in moderation x years ago mum's to be ate wat they wanted n were all ok lol xx

Exactly lol :)

My mum ate pâté on toast the entire way through her preg with my brother :)

Only 15 - 20 yrs ago mums were told to eat liver and drink Guinness if their iron levels were low. Crazy how times change!

Xx

Thanks Spinsugar. The pate i'm struggling with at the moment! I've gone cold turkey on the fags too! What more do they want! Lol

I was told funny eggs ok in moderation x years ago mum's to be ate wat they wanted n were all ok lol xx

Exactly lol :)

My mum ate pâté on toast the entire way through her preg with my brother :)

Ive mentioned the egg thing a few times (love a runny poached egg butty! )
In basic terms, the only dangerous bacteria that is found in eggs is killed at a higher temperature than is needed to make your egg coagulate ( harden). thus meaning your hard boiled egg isnt actually any safer than a runny one because you stop cooking it when its hard, not when its well and truly crucified lol (my friend is one of the country's top food scientists so I believe her! )
So enjoy your eggs!

Pate is still a no-no im afraid although I did have a teeny slither on a rivita last week with chutney and a small glass of red wine :oops:

When I got past tri1 I started having a small glass of wine again with dinner a few nights a week. There's far too many limitations and forbidden foods to take them all so seriously ;)

God im hungry now....

Mmmm...I'm totally getting some pate when I go shopping next. First food after baby's arrived hehe!

Sophie, its hard. I went to France for new yr when I was 8 wks. All everyone did was drink red wine, and eat cheeses and pates. It was hard!! But after a little while you really don't mind as much. Esp when you see your little baby wriggling away on screen.

Well done on quitting smoking too. That must have been tough :)

Xx

Oh, and as said above, sushi is perfectly safe if its been frlzen as the freezing process kills the bacteria. Im a sushi addict, I could live on salmon sashimi! I dont have the tuna though (I save my portion tuna for the occasional jacket spud)
You can always make you own sushi with smoked fish, or stick to beef chicken and veg sushi :)

I think it's just me worrying about soft whip ice cream- my mum got food poisoning from it once and it was horrendous so I'm avoiding it for that reason.

Thanks Spinsugar. The pate i'm struggling with at the moment! I've gone cold turkey on the fags too! What more do they want! Lol

I went cold turkey on the fags- the first few weeks were horrid- my hubby still smoking at the moment but fortunately I'm over that hurdle now - that was the hardest bit for me- quitting smoking!

I wouldn't risk it if I was you , if anything happened to your baba you'd blame yourself xx but don't worry I'll go and have some for you :) xxx

I went cold turkey on the fags- the first few weeks were horrid- my hubby still smoking at the moment but fortunately I'm over that hurdle now - that was the hardest bit for me- quitting smoking!

I gave up no help to have done with all mine defo staying off this time x

Believe it or not i've not struggled. My oh has also gave up to support me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back