Pate :-(

I don't necessarily know that it's safe tho... Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else knows?

Even verge pâté no good I read that yesterday but you can have sushi as ling as it has been previously frozen to kill worm type horrible things x

What do we do about cafe made lattes? I'm on holiday soon and a cafe makes beautiful lattes, do I have to ask how much coffee they put in?

Decaf latte? I'm sure 1 latte won't hurt you a day :)

They are so lush and i'm sure they don't do decaf! Eek :-(

You could get a deaf latte or-If you drink no further tea and coffee for the day just have a regular latte as one is within your daily caffeine limit :) xxx

I will just have to ask them roughly how much coffee they put in but sure I won't get an answer lol

my midwife told me I can just not all the time xx

SOS women drink 8 cups of coffee a day and have a healthy baby - a few lattes on your holiday won't hurt honestly :) if you proceeded to drink 4 litres of coke after I'd worry lol

I was quite surprised about coke when I looked it up. A can of regular has far less than tea.

Had to google as I had abit of a panic yesterday when I'd drunk a coffee and 2 cans of coke.

The coca cola website reads "The Food Standards Agency recommends that pregnant women should not consume more than 200mg of caffeine a day. A can of Coca-Cola has 32mg of caffeine and a can of Diet Coke contains 42mg. Pregnant or breast-feeding women, or women trying to become pregnant, should follow their healthcare provider's advice regarding caffeine intake. For pregnant women wanting a completely decaf option, we offer several caffeine free drinks including Caffeine-Free Diet Coke, Oasis, Fanta, Lilt, Sprite and 5 Alive"

I'm sooo bad! I drink cola all the time and I try my best to limit myself but thankfully I don't like coffee & rarely drink tea (haven't had a cuppa since finding out I'm preggers & not intentionally). I've also had runny eggs :/

I eat all sorts I shouldn't. I've had soft cheese, soft whip ice cream, the list is fairly endless it seems like all the food I like is on the banned list.

I'm quite a fussy eater as well which doesn't help. I don't like food routines either so it's quite a challenge

Ohh I eat runny eggs, pink meat etc - you can go so over the top with what people govern you can and can't do- I won't eat pâté but everything else is ok within reason including alcohol! a glass of red a week isn't going to do any harm for instance ( once I get abit further along)

I know you can drink coke :) but a large latte then 4 litres of come isn't great - was an example lol

I did everything by the book my last pregnancy and still resulted in an MMC so this time I'm a lot more relaxed about the whole thing :)

You see- soft whipped ice cream is ok to eat because its made me pasteurised milk- I don't get where all that silly lists come from- listeria in soft ice cream is only present if un pasturised- I get so annoyed with who makes these lists That women shouldnt eat this. cant eat that etc want to punch them

Same goes opfor soft cheese- you can eat it if its made with pasturised milk which most are doh

I was told funny eggs ok in moderation x years ago mum's to be ate wat they wanted n were all ok lol xx

I've been having runny egg and mushroom sandwiches!

I was told funny eggs ok in moderation x years ago mum's to be ate wat they wanted n were all ok lol xx

Exactly lol :)

My mum ate pâté on toast the entire way through her preg with my brother :)

Hi hun, sorry to tri hop.

I'm pretty relaxed tbh, I've eaten mussels, tuna, rare steak, I literally lived on runny eggs in tri 1, and I've even had the odd sip of wine (oh dear, I'm gonna get struck down hehe) I'm a healthcare professional so I've done my research.

But proper pate (& liver incase you fancy a bit of that!)contains a lot of vitamin A. This has a very very real risk associated with it. Please avoid it (which is gutting as its Sooo good!) Esp in tri 1.

Oh and the soft ice cream thing - I don't know if anyone has tried to tell u mcflurrys are bad - that's a myth I've found no evidence to support and McDonalds have incredibly strict hygiene standards, all the machines are thoroughly sterilized daily :)

However - each to their own and if people feel better avoiding certain things then that's fair enough :)

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back