Party Plans: BUFFET

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Well, I have booked the function room for Evie's party. We're not calling it a Naming Ceremony as OH doesn't want anything 'formal' so it's just a 'Welcome Party' instead.

Managed to hire a function room (with a bar and alcohol license! :dance: ) for Sunday August 17th. We've got the room booked between 12pm and 7pm and it's only costing £70! Some other I phoned were £250+ :shock:

I ohoned up a few caterers about doing a buffet but they quoted between £6 and £8 a head... we've got 100 people coming so we can't afford that!

Just wondering what you would do in a buffet for 100 people- we are aiming to do it for around £200 and me, ny mum and MIL will prepare it ourselves.

So far I've thought of:

Cocktail Sausages
Cheese and Pineaple
Fruit Salad
Quiche
Mini Pizzas
Sandwiches- cheese, ham and egg and cress
sausage rolls
Couple of pasta dishes
Couple of rice dishes
fairy cakes
Breadsticks and dips
PassYourPlateOver (a family thing on my OH's side- it's noodles and chicken!)
Crisps
Mini Samosas/Bahjis (our best mate is Indian so we'll get his mum to make them for us! :lol: )

:think: That's not going to be enough for 100 people though (esp. not my family! :wink: )

Any other ideas?

In case you hadn't noticed I get really worried about planning and start dead early! :rotfl:

I did the catering for our engagement party years ago and I pretty much had what you have down.

The other things maybe are chicken drumstick/legs and if you have a Costco or Makro or simular by you, you can get huge ready cooked and sliced roasts.... I got Ham, Beef and Chicken

we were gonna do it ourselves but then we found a pub that does the buffet for £6.95 a head, but free room.
the menu has on sandwiches, sausage rolls, chicken lehs, vol au vents etc

:lol: oooh, we have a makro card- hadn't thought about that!

:dance: I love going to makro... we always come home with loads of loo roll :think: :rotfl:

Jade&Evie said:
:lol: oooh, we have a makro card- hadn't thought about that!

:dance: I love going to makro... we always come home with loads of loo roll :think: :rotfl:

Makro is boss!!

I love party food!!

At Makro you should be able to get big tubs of Coleslaw and Potato Salad etc....

Full of good ideas arent I?!?! :lol:

Chicken Drumsticks
Volavonts
Chicken Nuggets (go down well with the kids!)
Garlic Bread
Crisps & Nibbles

We did a buffet for 100 people for Ellies christening and it cost us around £80 for the food and family/friends helped with it all. We had loads and it didnt all get eaten :)

How about some cold meats. And some big plates of salad. They always look good with all the colours in them

chickadee1976 said:
How about some cold meats. And some big plates of salad. They always look good with all the colours in them

Is it a scottish thing to say "cold meat" ? My hubby says that too :think:

Iceland are really good for desserts btw, you get a huge chocolate indulgence cake (which tastes amazing) and it serves like 16 people for about £2.

ShineyHappyPeople said:
chickadee1976 said:

I dunno :think: But it's ,meat and it's cold.... what else would you call it? Never known it as anything else! :lol:

SarahH said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:
chickadee1976 said:

I dunno :think: But it's ,meat and it's cold.... what else would you call it? Never known it as anything else! :lol:

Yeah but I would call it ham (or turkey / chicken).
"We need ham at the shop" but he'll say "we need some cold meat" :lol:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
SarahH said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:
chickadee1976 said:

Yeah but I would call it ham (or turkey / chicken).
"We need ham at the shop" but he'll say "we need some cold meat" :lol:

Cold meat just encompasses everything, ham chicken, beef billy bear sausage.

Not so sure its a Scottish thing, could be tho if youve never heard it

ooo!! makros! i love it there! whats the name of the massive one down by lakeside? they used to lovely HUGE cakes!!

Closer to the time, if you need fridge, freezer or oven space, i have one of each you can use :)

Jade, do you know anyone who owns a pub/cafe/restaurant? I got my mum and dad's pal to do the cattering for Mhairi's christening. They own a pub and got us loads of stuff from a company called Brakes. Everybody raved about the food. The chicken nuggets and drumsticks were amazing.

Also, Lidl's sausage rolls (the cheap cheap ones) are brilliant! Proper sausage in them (weyhey!). Think they are quite big, so ours got cut up.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back