Party food?

becks20

Reaction score
Its my daughters birthday in 2weeks!! And im having a little family get together/party only 9 people including myself.

But need ideas for food!!

So far i have:

mini sausages
sausage rolls
kebab skewers
crisps
cake
drink
haribo
pasta bake
trifle
salad
nuggets
wedges
cheese cake

think i need more savory tho any ideas would be great :) thanks x

What about a few sandwiches/wraps, veg sticks and dips.
I think your list is fine really. :)

Oooh i do have dips on my list lol i forgot to put it. And i didnt really fancy making loads of sandwiches but i suppose iv got 3 hours to do the food anyways so i could do them :) thanks x

The supermarkets to great value packs of party food selections. Are you wanting to make it all or are you game for buying it? A personal fave of mine is the pineapple/cheese or pickled onion/cheese on sticks. A true oldy but I never tire of it :)

Dont forget a french stick and butter. After all the fatty and generally yummy stuff its nice to settle your stomach with some bread! Plus its good for the dips. I always do a bowl of boiled eggs - sounds weird but people love them.

That's a great party list, sure you can't make it 10 guests and invite me!!!

How about a bowl of Grapes, esp if kids coming to snack on

And I agree with Princess, you can never have too much Pinapple and cheese on sticks! yummm

If you didn't want to do sarnies, you could whack lots of small baked potatoes in the oven, (allow plenty of time for them to be cooked if doing lots and then turn oven off when done till ready to eat, to keep warm, have a bowl of grated cheese on the table to help theselves, will go nicely with salad and nuggests etc

Last edited:
you can cook a batch of baked potatoes the day before and heat them in the microwave just before serving and theyll still be crispy :)

you can cook a batch of baked potatoes the day before and heat them in the microwave just before serving and theyll still be crispy :)

Oooh never thought of doing that! wow :dance:

yeah i'd never heard of it til my SIL told me thats what they do in restaurants, so i tried it myself and bingo!! fluffy inside and a crisp outside! Simples :)

Thanks everyone :) Im just doing my shopping list online lol hoping i can get my normal shopping and all this food for under £80 lol

Anyone know wheres best to get a cake? i no supermarkets but just wondered if certain ones are better :) thanks x

I love marks and spencer sponge birthday cakes, but I think theyre all nice, and if youre getting delivery from somewhere, might just be worth getting from the same place!

yea and got my normal shopping aswell and a few extras all for £70 :D and im going to get cake at weekend. if i order it knowing my luck id get a smashed up cake or the delivery driver would drop the bag as he hands it to me :/ lol. Plus i need to see the cakes before i choose one :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back