• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

parentcraft

trixipaws

Reaction score
has anyone been to these yet? what do they entail? we got our first one on wednesday evening, and my boyf has just annoyed me a bit by telling me he's going out drinking with his friend during the day- so may either be unable to come, or turn up drunk :x

grr i dont mind him goin out if he wants (and he hardly has since i'v been pg, he's really good) but it bugs that he picked THAT day. "because his friend has commitments" (his childless jobless friend- what commitments?!)

i'm not gonna kick off about it coz he hasnt DONE anything yet, he might go out with his friend but NOT get drunk and so everything will be peachy afterall, so theres no point in tripping about it yet. but if he DOES miss it is he really missing much? what would it be?

I know this is going to sound bad, but i went to one parent craft class when i was pregnant with cameron and didnt like it, so i didnt go again, i belive parent hood will come natuarally(sp) and it did for me, now im on my 3rd i wont be using them, just using my experience from previous children..

good luck when you start yours though! :hug:

We really enjoyed ours!

We had three weeks and discussed:

Labour signs
Normal Labour
Massage
Assisted delivery & complications
Relaxation and Breathing

It was very useful for us as we didn't know anything and it was a small friendly group of assorted aged couples.

It was also really useful as it was run by one of the midwifes at our hospital so they told us how everything works atr our hospital. As in the books it all varys. It was also handy to be able ask her tons of questions.

I expect they are all different but i really enjoyed them and i think DP did too.

Laura
xx

When I had my first son I had 10 weeks of Ante Natal Parentcraft :shock: I went alone to all of them. Nowadays I think it's reduced to only 3 sessions and they don't cover so much.

It's not the end of the world if your OH doesn't go with you (and I think I'd prefer that to having OH go a little tipsy! ). How many sessions do you have? Maybe he could go the next time and catch up.

:hug:

I go to 2 differant ones, the one at the hospital spans over three weeks and is ok but nothing to exciting that you dont already know but the other one i pay for is really good and informative and i would suggest it to anyone. Even my OH enjoyed it.

ive got mine tomorow too. im really looking forward to it.

dont worry too much if your OH cant be there. im sure he will be able to make the others :)

Ours was useless it was 2 hours long which included a tour of labour suite ( the most useful part ) and maternity unit where I had already spent a week so knew it well.

The subjects were so basic i learnt nothing really, i guess it depends what you are getting.

I went to the first one this week and it was quite basic - lists of what to take into hospital with you which you can get other places, and when to go into hospital (which contradicted the advice we got on the tour of the labour ward). I think my husband was quite surprised by how messy it can be, and I guess forewarned is forarmed!. Ours is a 5 week course, and I think it will get better once we get to the "nitty gritty" as it were (my husband teaches one session on communication so I hope it gets better!) but I wouldn't worry about OH missing the first one

Hi

Ours i didnt learn anything really but it gave us somthing to do every week and met some new people even though we didnt keep in touch
Katrina

Ive got an all day one with OH at the end of thi month. Im not sure ehat to expect but it will be nice for OH to be included as hes not had much to do with this pregnancy except for coming to appointments and talking to my tummy (oh and he also helped put LO there too :lol: )

Im hoping i might meet some other couples too, my friend has kept in touch with a few couples she met at hers a few years ago

Went to our first of four 2 hour sessions this week. There were a mix of couples, some people with mums (not necessarily OH's) and some ladies were on their own. First session was about the signs of labour, stages of labour, birth, bringing on labour if you are overdue and abdominal breathing. Next week we are doing about pain relief etc. I learned a few things that I hadn't already learned from books and magazines and stuff but to be honest I enjoyed it more for getting to meet other people who were due at the same time as me (everyone there was due in June). Think hubby would rather have been watching Chelsea v Liverpool match though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back