• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

panic attacks

Louise_a

Reaction score
went to the cinema last night to see Cloverfield, although its not a scary film and i dont scare easily at all, could the loud noises have scared little-un??
when i came out of the film, i had a panic attack and was sat on the floor for a good 20 mins trying to calm down but my body just wanted to pass out instead. ive never had this before!! ive fainted couple of times in life though.

just wondered if because LO was scared then it would affect me like this?

I don't think your baby can pass it's emotions on to you. Hormones, however, are a different story. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hmm dont think baby was scared... it was probably you thinking that baby was upset that set you off like that :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont think baby was scared. Apparently panic attacks are really common in pregnancy according to my midwife? I cant be of much help other than that. Maybe mention it to your midwife though hun that you had one would probably be adviseable :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm pretty sure that the baby wouldn't have been the direct cause. Panic attacks are bought on psychologically by anxiety or stress. You probably just worried yourself into thinking u had upset the baby. Probably the combination of an adrenaline rush from the movie/raise in BP and the stress of upsetting baby triggered it. I have had panic attacks occasionally in pregnancy too and they have most often been because I have got wound up or stressed about something. Hope you're feeling better now :hug:

thanks peeps.

im seeing the midwife on friday so il mention it. blood pressure has been ok upto this point so would be interesting to see if its raised any. it has been quite a busy weekend so could be a mix of tiredness, stress etc.
deffinatly dont want another one :evil:

aslong as the monster is ok :cheer:

I had a panic attack when I was pg. It didnt effect Isaac. I have to take medication now though. Bloody things :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back