pancakes without scales!

Sage

Reaction score
um i dont own weighing scales :oops: anyone no a recipe for pancakes that isnt measured in g/ml? ya no the ones where ya just wack it all in - lol im guna give my family food poisoning arent i :roll:

2 cups flour,
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted butter

Mix together the wet ingrediants and add them to the dry ones and beat.

your a star thank yooooooou :hug: *runs off to co-op to find some baking powder......and syrup f**k the diet!*

I never weigh anything when I make pancakes lol! I've been making them since I was a child and I couldn't be bothered with the scales. They've always turned out nice :D

Good luck and post a picture if you haven't eaten them all! :D

Buy some 8p value brand batter mix from Co-op/Tesco/Asda!

Xxx

wow all those ingrediants! :p

my recipe is the same for yorkshire pud mix....

2 eggs, add 6 heaped spoons of plain flour, mix well(can get a bit hard to stir) add milk a little at a time and mix well each time. until it's as thick as double cream.

no weighing, no measuring. perfect pancakes and high rising yorkies :D

good luck.

p.s i would add a small tiffal red spot frying pan into the equation to get the best pancakes that don't stick! lol

hi im just wondering if i have the batter mix is there anything else i have to add as if i use batter mix wont they come out like yorkshire puds ? :?

laetitia85 said:
I never weigh anything when I make pancakes lol! I've been making them since I was a child and I couldn't be bothered with the scales. They've always turned out nice :D

Good luck and post a picture if you haven't eaten them all! :D

Me too ......... forget the scales lol 8)

You don't need baking powder if you use sparkling water instead of milk. Buying a ready mix for a batter which only consists of eggs and flour strikes me as slightly sad.

widowwadman said:
Buying a ready mix for a batter which only consists of eggs and flour strikes me as slightly sad.

I agree, but it was just a suggestion to try and help

widowwadman said:
You don't need baking powder if you use sparkling water instead of milk. Buying a ready mix for a batter which only consists of eggs and flour strikes me as slightly sad.

:think: why?

I buy it ready made because a)it's cheaper b)it's less hassle and c)I'm lazy

I'm with Jade on this one. We got the ones were you just add milk to a bottle of powder and shake it up. Tasted no different to the ones my Nan used to make from scratch.

If that makes me slightly sad then so what? Lol

Jade&Evie said:
widowwadman said:

:think: why?

I buy it ready made because a)it's cheaper b)it's less hassle and c)I'm lazy

But is it really cheaper? Flour and eggs is something I always have in the house. Going out to buy extra pancake mix would therefore be extra expense and hassle. If you don't usually stock the ingredients it's something different of course.

Well I got two of the bottle mixes for a quid, 50p for the lemon juice and already had sugar and choc spread in.
But I suppose if you always have the flour etc in then yes I would make my own.

I always have eggs and flour in, but I always have a value batter mix in too.

So I am sad (and fat-blame the Nutella :D )

I made them with out scales today, im a pancake virgin, was impressed with myself :shhh: :lol:

If they hand pancake mix in my local shop id probably would of brought that :lol:

Stepdads grandson wanted pancakes today, we always have the mix in the cupboard but didn't, so I just bunged flour, milk and 2 eggs into a bowl. Was rather nice, clean plates all round! :clap:

I made mine - printed delias recipe off the bbc lol

I didnt realise they had ready made packets :shock: id defintely use them as the kids loved pancakes tonight!

I always use the packets of batter mix. It's pointless me buying a bag of flour as I never use it for anything else and it would just sit in the cupboard going out of date :)

Me and Neill really enjoyes our pancakes this evening. James doesn't like them! :eek:

they were a success! never made them with baking powder before, mine are usually really skinny but they were nice and fluffy this time, ky wolfed his down but the second one was shredded into a million pieces and promptly thrown on the floor :roll:

ive had 5 :oops: and oh is tucking into his now, lol i feel like a successful home-maker now :lol:

they did sell the batter in the shop, and i did think about gettin it but had some flour in the cuboards so thought id go for it. it was easy peesy! waay haaay for me! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back