Pamper/massage days, hot-tub e.t.c

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

OH has offered for me to have a spa day at the end of this month with a friend. We couldnt afford to have the mother to be pamper experience as it costs £190!!!! but Instead I have seen a good pamper treatment for about £65 which includes facial, body massage and leg/foot massage. I have emailed the spa and adviced them im pregnant and I can have my body massage treatment changed slightly to accomodate me being pregnant but.........is it safe for me to have these treatments?????

Has anyone else been for a pamper day during their pregnancy??? I have also got the use of a whirl pool, hottub and inside/outside swimming pool.

Any advice appreciated.

x

i think you have to be careful of temperature rise so if its a proper hot tub you should steer clear of that one, i know some are attached to the pool and the same temp so that one should be ok, as long as they know you are pregnant they will know which products can/cant be used

I think I read that hot tubs and saunas are a no-no as is a standard body massage. My DH stills gives me a foot rub and shoulder rub so no problems there I hope!

Massage will be absolutely fine, I have had a few throughout my pregnancy.........remember that the therapists will be trained in all sorts of massage and will ensure they dont do you any harm!!

Hot tubs are a bit of a grey area, some people say they are fine and others say not - although I think a lot of it has to do with how hot they are and how long you stay in them for!

Have a lovely day..... :D

Ooooo Im a bit worried about doing it now, I never thought of any of this before and its certainly put a dampner on things. I think I will get a bit more reasurance from the Spa first and make sure they have somebody trained and qualified with giving massages to pregnant woman! They might see that as a dumb question but for me its a perfectly reasonable question to ask!

Thanks for your replies

xx

I take it back - you might be ok for a massage. They recommend that you don't have one during the 1st trimester but as long as you inform the spa they should be able to take your bump into consideration.

If it's good, let me know and I'll bug my DH for a spa day for my 30th!

Well I should be around 14 weeks pregnant when I got for this treatment as I will be going on the 31st. I have my 12 week scan next tuesday so unless they put my dates back I should be ok. I almost feel like not doing it, its a high risk to take for a bit of pleasure and I couldnt live with myself knowing I could have been the cause of it by going for a spa day :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back