Painful smear

Redshoes

Reaction score
I finally saw the Doc on friday to get checked down there as I've felt lots of pressure when sitting.. anyways she assured me I'm fine and then did a smear, which blooming well hurt :shock: :oops: I was very surprised, that silver stretchy thingy ain't nothing comapred to forceps, how did it hurt? Could this pressure be bruising do you think? Anyone any experience?

possibly although it has been 11 weeks tou might be a bbit tender still

I all depends what time of the month you get it done. I know you have just had the baby though. My best time for a smear test would be around day 14 of a 28 day cycle. If your period is due it would be sore I would think.

Just shocked me it was painful, not had a period yet so don't know my cycle either, but thankfully it's done until another 3yrs :pray: thanks for the replies :hug:

When you had forceps your body was prepared to stretch down there - it was ready for them in a way and your cervix was probably already widening, when you had the speculum inserted, it wasn't. It does hurt different times of the month, but if you consciously relax your legs and bottom (if you know what I mean) it can hardly hurt at all - even at the wrong time. After years of dodgy smears and having them repeated often I can now relax at will and it doesn't hurt ever :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back