Painful sex after csection

ABC237

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm usually just a lurker these days but I need some advice.

I had my second daughter almost 8 weeks ago by planned csection. We have tried to have sex a few times but I've been having pain. First it was almost like a stinging sensation and happened not just on penetration (sorry tmi). Then last night we tried again and I had it again but not as bad but this time it felt quite inflamed down there like he was too big and it kind of felt like my cervix was really low and there wasn't enough room so I could only tolerate it if he was really slow and gentle.

Has anyone experienced this and know how long it lasts for or what causes it?I know it sounds like an infection or something but I did a little Google and painful sex actually seems quite common postpartum, even after a section.

I'm worried now because I've never experienced anything like this and it's making me not want sex, which would be difficult for my relationship with my husband as sex is a big part of our relationship and hubby has already been commenting on lack of sex since the baby.

I had a normal delivery and I think we first did it about 8 weeks pn (I bled for 7 as exckusively breastfeeding)..for me sex was very different but I had an episiotomy so thought it might be. Felt tight and was uncomfortable. It took quite some time if I be honest..for me maybe 5 months to feel ok down there. Even now 12 months on I can feel it tight at one side which I assume is scar tissue - lube is our friend lol! Husband very supportive - we laughed about it a lot at the time xx

Thanks for the response. I have my 8 week check with the GP next week so I will mention it then just in case it is some kind of infection or something. I just really hope it's going to improve.

I felt like this except during pregnancy, like it was inflamed and swollen and my oh was too big! As great as that sounds it wasn't pleasant! So it may not be an infection but just still swollen from pregnancy? Do you have any other signs of infection? High temp, bad smell, unusual discharge? Also, if it's painful your husband needs you be a bit sympathetic to that and try and be patient! I know it's hard so maybe have fun in other ways for now?! Xx

No other signs of infection, no. I'll see what my GP says but I think maybe I just need to give it time. To be honest I could take it or leave it at the moment anyway.

Are you breastfeeding? I've had 2 sections and formula fed my 1st but breastfeeding my second.
With my 1st I had no problems. But with my 2nd I'm exactly the same. I've heard though that breastfeeding can tighten things up so personally I think it's that for me. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back