Painful ribs

Kim

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering??

I'm almost in tears all day every day with pain round my ribs and back. Baby has one foot under each rib and keeps pushing up.

Anyone have any tips on how to ease it? GP said there's nothing they can do...

:( :( :(

You must be having a baby with long legs.

Must admit i haven't had that this time, i had it really bad with Amy though, but it was just at bedtime not all day.

I don't know what to suggest, to be honest i don't know why i have posted- it hasn't helped! Lol

It is worse at night but I think it's cos I am sitting down more, cos it hurts more at work too when I'm at my desk. I'm ok lying down but I can't spend the next 6 weeks in bed lol!

hi kim i had it wen i was preg with dior and its starting again, its a night mare makes me hate being preg i just want to cry sitting all day makes mine worse i just put hot water bottle on it, but if u cum up wiv any tips let me no! x x

Will do, haven't tried a hot water bottle yet tho

Mine has got worse over the weekend since Thursday and nothing is helping, hot water bottles, ice packs, baths, sitting, laying, stetching...I'm in agony over it now I've almost given up. The only way which stops it hurting as much is laying on my back, but I can't stay like that as I can't breath properly :roll: Ho hum, roll on 25th January - I'm too short for this pregnancy malarky :roll:

Hello

Had this too, just posted about, last night i was in tears i was in so much pain, but i hope it eases off alittleton so i can sleep.
Im so tired but too sore.
Katrina

I dont get sore ribs during the days but in the monring they ache, i must sleep funny or the pressure of the baby is doing something, but after a couple of hours of getting up they die down....till the next morning

Just been to the docs AGAIN about this as I havent slept last night and I am in agony now :cry:

The long awaited magical remedy ........... give birth :roll:

Try hot water bottles, ice packs, baths, paracetomol, laying differently, putting arms over your head, etc. If they don't help, it's await you due date I'm afraid :cry:

Hey ladies - i too am suffering badly with this whilst at my desk and driving - inly on right side though...if i find anything that helps i will let you know but for now it's cry and bear it xxx

Hey all,

This is my first post in the Third Trimester, Yippeeee!!!!

I had been getting pains in my ribs from about 14 weeks and was last week sent to see a physio because it was getting that bad. Mine are caused from being so short lol, 5'2. The physio told me to sit at the edge of a chair facing forward with my spine straight, cross my arms over my chest and turn quickly to the sides using only the top half of my body. Been doing them and seem to be easing although I get it on both sides now as though it has spread, apparently if this doesnt work the physio is recommending a tems machine???
If that wasnt bad enough I am extremely lax?? didnt know quite how to take that but it means i have hyper exstension or something, (extremely flexible) lol. So my joints are eased off a lot more than most. In other words pregnancy is a killer but the labour should be a lot easier Arrrggghhhhhh lol

Ach, As they say, No pain no gain!

Vicki

I think Petchy had a remedy for this?
yeah, i made a rib support belt from wide elastic and velcro but it only worked for about a week or two until LO grew bigger unfortunately.... :( so if anyone wants it they are welcome to it. the couple of weeks of relief were great though....

I'm 5'2" too, maybe it's a height thing?? Any taller ladies getting rib pain?

5ft 4" and hurting.....
me too!!! ouch! i don't care if it squeezes my bladder - i can't wait for LO to move further into the pelvis!!!

Same! I'd rather pee 5 times and hour than this.

Saying that though - it doesn't always end up so pretty if you sneeze or laugh too hard :oops:

5ft 3" - still hurts!! Must be us shorter ones then??

i'm 5ft5 and it aches on my right side but i haven't been in too much pain. one night was bad and the pain went right round my back too but most of the time it's just uncomfortable and it's not all the time.

it sucks that you are all in so much pain with it!! :shock: saying that i am at the loo ALOT (every 10 mins sometimes) so i don't know if my baby is lower :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back