Pain thats WORSE than childbirth

JaidyBaby said:
I was hospitalised with Gastrointeritis a few years ago and they actually thought I was in labour to begin with :shock: because the pains were so much 'like' contractions' the way they were coming in waves. I wasnt even pregnant but they checked that out straight away.

I wouldnt wish that on anyone, I was pooping pure blood :shock:

I think this experience is part of why im so scared of the pain in childbirth and how its going to make me feel, cos if that pain was like contractions well, that made me feel ill :cry:

That sounds nasty :hug:

Dont worry too much though - labour pain is different in a psycological way. You know the pain is good, it means something amazing is happening, and it makes it so so much easier to deal with than if you have pain because something is wrong.

JaidyBaby said:
I was hospitalised with Gastrointeritis a few years ago and they actually thought I was in labour to begin with :shock: because the pains were so much 'like' contractions' the way they were coming in waves. I wasnt even pregnant but they checked that out straight away.

I wouldnt wish that on anyone, I was pooping pure blood :shock:

I think this experience is part of why im so scared of the pain in childbirth and how its going to make me feel, cos if that pain was like contractions well, that made me feel ill :cry:

My friend, her OH and her baby has that at the moment, doesnt sound very nice at all :(

Having had one natural labour (over 25 hours) and one c section, I would take the labour any day. Although, the aneasthetic did wear off when they were stitching me and I could feel everything, so that is probably why!! :shock:

But I think the worst pain was at 3am on the third day. Charlie was crying, I couldn't sit straight up because of my section stitches, but couldn't roll over onto my side because of my enormous painful boobs! DH was ill with severe earache and didn't even hear me until I screamed in pain! :shock: That was agony. I think tha painful boobs are ten times worse than labour pains.

i have really bad bowel problems and a few years back i had a totally blocked colon, that was like contractions only worse, i can tell when im bunged up when i get them feelings, i reckon ill be able to manage the 1st stage of labour for a lot longer now cos i get them pains quite regular and they feel exactly the same!!

IBS - when I get it bad it comes in contractions, only A LOT worse than labour pains :(

I had multiple ear infections when I was a young child and it was sooo painful that the memories are still vivid today.
It was so bad it eroded my eardrum away so I had to have a operation to sow the gapping hole closed using skin from somewhere else.
Its was so bad I had this white bloody discharge liquid leaking down my neck and shoulder and no pain relief would even touch it.
It felt like somebody was twisting a pin into my ear.
Give me labour over that anyday. *shudder*
And I had a back to back labour so you can imagine for me to say it was worse than that is saying something.

I can't answer this one, yes childbirth was painful and hard work but I imagined it to be much worse, lol, I say after a 30 hour labour and three kinds of pain relief, being cut and baby literally pulled out as I pushed...yes I imagined it alot worse :roll: But childbirth pain is quite bearable (with pain relief for me, but people take pain relief for anything), but it's a different pain to anything ive ever experienced before, I think it's only bearable because of what comes out of it at the end lol. My tattoo's diddn't bother me, ive had quite bad period pains before, but something that may come into competition is the pains you get when you have a water infection I think it is? Where you wee and you get stabbing pains all over the bottom of your back which leave you breathless and clenching on to something in pain :? I diddn't squeeze anything, not even oh's hand when I was in labour or giving birth, so if something was worse then i'd say them pains. :cry:

Childbirth seemed a breeze in comparison to my "Root Canal" that the dentist buggered up badly! ... I was admitted to Hammersmith Hospital to have it rectified under general ... worse pain ever!!!!
Now I'm petrified of Dentists and will rather give birth to a rose bush than open my mouth wide!!!! :roll:

Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back