Ovulation/Fertility after Chemical Pregnancy? UPDATED

Petit Pois

Reaction score
Hi guys :wave:

So! I wanted to ask some advice as I really have very little clue what's going on (in general haha)

I got my BFP on 18th Jan, but sadly it was a chemical and started bleeding on 23rd Jan. :-(

I spoke to midwife who said there's no medical reason why we can't carry on as usual as long as we're feeling okay to do so (which we are), but my questions are:

Should I count 23rd Jan as first day of new cycle? Or date AF should have turned up (18th)?

Do you think AF will be due as normal after 28/29 days?

Are we stupid to even think we've got a chance this month?

Should we wait til I've had a 'normal' cycle?

The evil Google has told me that women can be more fertile after a chemical pregnancy but don't know if there's any truth in that?

In short, I have lots of questions :roll: but I'm mostly just excited and anxious about getting back on it!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Baby dust to everyone who wants some! :dust:

Last edited:
From my understand is you start counting from when AF actually shows up, but I'm no expert.

I would defo keep trying this month, I have also heard you can be more fertile after a chemical.

Good luck and fx for your BFP!

Thanks Nemi!

I've spoken to my friend at work today as well and she said the same thing as you :)

We're gonna keep going this month regardless and just see what happens! I shall expect AF on 20th Feb or thereabouts.

If my app is correct then we had sex 3 times in my fertile window, although missed a chunk in the middle where I was poorly and then we were visiting in-laws over the weekend (I've never slept in a creakier bed lol). So if it's not to be this month then we'll start afresh after AF!

Hiya,

Start counting from the first day of full flow bleeding,
I had a chemical last month and another one this month! Some doctors advise to wait one cycle to date the pregnancy,but I did not do that

My Cycle did not change last chemical and I ovulated on the same day as always, also I got pregnant straight after! But it did end up in another chemical this month.

We will be trying again this month and I hope to have a sticky one this time!

Good luck and I hope you will have a sticky one soon! :dust:

Thanks for that!! Fingers crossed my cycle is the same :)

Sorry you had another chemical :(

Good luck this month, hoping for sticky beans all round xxx

Sorry for the chemical pregnancy but good luck, Petit Pois.

Hi Petit Pois, Sorry for your chemical I know they are gutting I've had a few!

My cycles are normally 28/29 days and they all went to day 31 after the chems, so must have delayed my OV by a couple of days.
Like the others have said count 1st day of full bleeding as day 1 (i spotted before mine about 1 days or a good few hours before I bled).

For 2 of my CPs I got pregnant the 2nd cycle after.
Just noticed on your signature your little girl was born the day before my son!!

xxx

Thanks Tonks.

Only about a week to go til I find out either way! I don't *feel* pregnant at the moment but who knows eh :)

Ahh really?! Can't believe they're gonna be 3 in a couple of months! :shock:

I'm in the same boat right now. Found out I was pregnant on 1st Feb but started bleeding on 5th Feb at 5 weeks exactly �� we are trying again right away but don't have a clue when I'm going to ovulate so peeing on opks like a crazy woman right now. Sending lots of sticky vibes to you and lilalylola!!

Sorry you're going through it as well Laurababs!

Yeah it was a bit of a free for all this month haha, I haven't used OPKs before.

AF due on Saturday (supposedly) so will just wait and see!

Everything crossed for you! xx

You too hun! Keep us updated =)

I think I'm ovulating within the next few days, so hope there are some strong swimmers in there, haha. I would absolutely love a Winter baby because my two LO's are both Summer babies. xx

Okay so AF is a no-show so far, but have taken a couple of tests and both BFN

Still no sign of AF! On CD33 now.

Over the past couple of days I have had very sore boobs/strong sense of smell/weeing all the time so now I'm REALLY confused. Could it be that I ovulated later?

I haven't tested since Saturday and trying to hold out a few more days in case AF shows up but it's like torture haha!

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

xxx

Fingers crossed you get your BFP. The boobs to me seem like a good sign.
I did have a longer cycle after all of my chemicals.

xxx

I caved and did another test this morning - another BFN

Sorry that post went wrong!

Should say afterwards, I guess I'll just be waiting for AF to finally show up so that I can carry on. xx

You're not out yet hun. I'm currently 7 DPO, got a few "symptoms" but not sure if it's all just in my head! The TWW is so hard xx

A friend advised me recently that you are super fertile after any kind of chemical/miscarriage, so fingers crossed for you that you catch it this month! xx

Okay so FINALLY, after a 37 day cycle the :witch: is here! I actually rejoiced! haha

I have found out a few things about myself this month

1) I REALLY want another baby (good job, huh? haha)
2) I am a POAS addict :nopoas:
3) I have no idea what's going on with my body

SO

Have got ovulation test strips on their way to me (no idea how to use them though lol)

And we are on the case!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back