chemical pregnancy? symptoms?

babydust

Reaction score
hi, i wasnt sure where to post this so feel free to move it

i am just looking for a bit of advice from anyone who has had a chemical pregnancy
this month i was so sure i was pregnant, i felt sick from about 7 dpo, i had back pain, and cramp pain from about 7 dpo, and i just had a feeling i was, i have been pregnant now 6 times and i had this with all of them, anyway i did various tests and only got very faint lines that didnt get any darker and af came on tuesday night heavier than usual, then went and came back today.
I was just wondering if anyone who has had a chemical pregnancy thinks this is what has happened,and what i should expect, i have had a bit of pain like ov pain but a bit worse

i had a chemical a few monhs ago, i started feeling sick early on but had not other symptoms like sore boobs etc. my postivies were all faint never got an y darker. i tested 3 days after af was due but the tests still remained very faint, whn compaired to when i tested when prgnt with christopher - also tested at 3 days late and got a huge dark thck positive. so i knew something was not rigght,
anyway a fw days later i sarted getting back ache then cramps (like af cramps) then a brownish/pinky discharge then light bleeding then few hours later very very heavy AF with clots. it was horried :puke: id jusgot used to the idea of having another baby with a young baby already then that was taken from me.

one thing i have learnt that next time im gonna wait a week b4 testing to save the upest of it happening again.

i pray this is not the case 4 u honey..keep me informed ur in my 4ts xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, exactly the same thing last month. I posted my pics of the three HPTs (consecutive days) on here - I thought they must be evaps, they were so faint, but my doctor confirmed that they were +HPTs. I'll try to find them if you want to compare... I knew that if it was +, it was going wrong though - the lines didn't get darker, and also my temps, although they stayed above the coverline, gradually slid downwards.

I had spotting, then a day of nothing, then 2 more days of spotting. Then I had the worst AF I've ever had, loads of blood and clots. Was stuck on the loo for a couple of hours at one point, the bleeding wouldn't stop for long enough for me to stand up and pull up my knickers :( The worst was over in a day, though.

I agree, I'm not going to test early as it's pointless. Having said that, I'd definitely know if it happened again - firstly, AF arrived 16 days after ov, and secondly, there was no mistaking the unusual heaviness of that AF.

I think it sounds like you've had a pretty similar experience to me...
:hug: and FX for a Xmas BFP instead.

I've had a chemical pregnancy in the past and a day or so after getting BFPs I started to bleed - it was like a really bad heavy period - clots, stringy and I even passed some tissue. I had really bad cramps and it lasted for well over a week.

Saying that, I got my BFP again within the next couple of cycles.

Claire this is the same as I went through in October, I was 6 days late - very definate lines on first response and tesco tests, got stronger over a couple of days then just started to get fainter - the day my AF started I was in agony and was very heavy but I have to say after that first day when I was passing lots of black jelly like stuff the follow days were just much darker blood than normal - it looked like brown old blood if you know what I mean.....

I hope you are feeling better and look forward to us all getting those BFP's together. x x x x x

thanks for your replys
after reading through them im sure now that it was a chemical, sorry if this post has to much information
my af is def different its alot heavier and like you said rom its much darker blood jelly type and i feel like somone is cutting my insides with a knife :roll:

sorry but just another question did anyone find that they ov differently the cycle afterwards or should i expect a normal cycle

thanks
claire
x

Sounds like it :hug: The clots I had were like lumps of very dark jelly too.

The doctor told me it was very unlikely to affect the next cycle, as it happened so early (in the end, AF came at 17 dpo, so only 2 or 3 days late). Having said that, you've probably seen my posts on the chartstalkers thread! Would love to know if anyone else had any changes to their cycle.

Chem pregnancies are very common - more so than anyone realised. Before the advent of sensitive HPTs, women wouldn't have known they'd conceived - they'd have just thought that their period was later or heavier than usual. It doesn't affect your chances of conception. :hug:

Its just where the egg was fertilised but didnt attach to the womb, and apparantly happens in about 30% of pregnancies, though as kittykins said many women dont even know what has happened but just think its a late or heavier than usual period. Thats why I think early tests are dangerous as it can be so upsetting to see a positive and then nothing occurs, when in reality its not even a pregnancy.

Hope your feeling ok about things :hug:

Can I just add, that bleeding thats in anyway different to the norm ie smelly, clotting and so heavy you cant leave the loo, definitely warrants atleast a call to nhs direct as there is always a risk that something else has gone wrong, just to be on the safe side :hug:

Last month I came on 4-5 days early which is unheard of for me. It was a bit heavy straignt away. Could it have been a chemical?

thanks for your reply, i will not be doing a pregnancy test now until im late for af :fib: well i will try not to.

but even if i hadnt done a test i would still have known i was pregnant, i had strong preg symptoms, i have been pregnant now six times so i guess i must be in tune with my body, just a pitty it not in tune with me.

But i really dont see this as a loss and im ok about it, its just the bleeding and pain thats upsetting me, i will see how thing go over the weekend and make an appointment on monday to see my dr, even if thing settle down i would still like it even just to be documented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back