Ovulation & Cycle

Tracey M

Reaction score
OMG - when I fell pregnant with my son last time, I came off the pill and had BFP 2 weeks later!! Now I'm going to get my coil removed next week and I know nothing about cycles, ovultation and stuff.....Help! I've not had a period in 5 years so have no idea what my cycle is... Do I have to buy ovulation kits? It all sounds so clinical.... Maybe it was just a fluke the last time but I'd hate to mis "the best time" to conceive so what do I do? . My doctor says you have to wait until you get a period after coil removal before TTC but am I just being impatient? Sex life great anyway would hate to start getting ovulation paranoid.... have already decided I'll not tell OH when ovulating so he does not feel any pressure to perform on demand! Any advice appreciated
Tracey

Basically...
...when your period starts = cycle day 1.
...ovulation typically occurs 14 days before cd 1 of your next cycle.

If you really can't wait until your period is regular, then ovulation kits are a must :)

Last edited:
i know how you feel. I came off the pill in january and got a bfp in march. Unfortunately i had a mc in may but since then have been ttc and my cycles have been all over the place! What i have found is that because i was on the pill i didn't have a real feeling for what was happening to my body and now that i am having natural cycles i have noticed some pain and swollen boobs halfway through my cycle which i guess is when i am ovulating. i have been working on the theory that between days 10 and 16 are good times to try and these symptoms have been happening between these dates too. Am not going to try ov predction kits yet either as i think i will get obsessed about it and we won't be able to do any BD because of all the pressure. No luck in getting a BFP yet but i suppose my body and hormones are still just getting back to normal. Good luck getting your BFP:hugs:and:dust:

basically have lots of sex roughly 14 days after your period - i like to track roughly when i will ovulate and then have lots o sex around that time because i think its nicer not to make it too clinical! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back