Ovulation advice....

gem44_4

Reaction score
...please.

Last month FF said that i ovulated on day 25 and had a 12 day luteal phase. But, this month it says i ovulated on day 14!!

For the last 3 months my af has been on the day its due (my cycle is about 35 days), but if i ovulated early does it mean my af will be early??

I would understand if i ovulated a few days early but 11 days early seems a bit much.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Gemxx

Hey Gem

Yes, your AF should arrive earlier. People's luteal phase can vary, although the doctors seem obsessed with 14 days.

As for cycles all over the place? Yes. Shortest I had is 23 days and longest 49. If you're normally quite regular though I wouldn't worry, it's probably just a blip this month.

Hope that helps

H

xx

Hey,

As helen said you can expect AF to arrive earlier ..... although the LP does vary is doesn't usually vary by more than a few days .....

The other thing that might happen ... is sometimes some women can ovulate twice in one month apparently??!

i was just wondering where you heard you can ovulate twice in a month?

I worked out that my ov would have been over the weekend, but had symptoms associated with ov the week previously as well ie sore bbs, discharge etc....

would that affect my cycle and whether or not i did actually ov last week? Going off my cycle I should be due af around 11th/12th/13th as is between 29 - 31 days, could i test early?

I was a week later than normal ovulating this month - probably a combination of being on holiday and then being ill when I got back- so it definately can move by this amount.
I still got pregnant though !!

Rachie .. from other girls on this site ... some have said they have ov'd twice .... I think it is rare ... but it can happen apparently!? Yes if you ov'd earlier than you'd calculated then yes it would affect your cycle and AF would come earlier too .... have you tried using OPKs or charting your temps?

Yeah .. the time from AF to ov can vary alot ... but the Lutheal Phase is meant to stay fairly constant (to within a few days)..

Bec said:
Rachie .. from other girls on this site ... some have said they have ov'd twice .... I think it is rare ... but it can happen apparently!? Yes if you ov'd earlier than you'd calculated then yes it would affect your cycle and AF would come earlier too .... have you tried using OPKs or charting your temps?

Yeah .. the time from AF to ov can vary alot ... but the Lutheal Phase is meant to stay fairly constant (to within a few days)..

oh i'm getting really confused now..... havent been charting just seeing what happens.... i calculated off my last cycles that was fertile between 27th - 29th oct .... fortunately we have been bddg like crazy all mth so i guess i just have to wait and see... i'll still probably wait until my af should be due though

That's not AF hon ... it's ovulation ....

Your chart is a bit hard to interpret at the moment ..... that's why FF is having problems pinning your ov day down ..... especially with that very high temp on CD 11... Also you haven't reported any fertile CM on your chart yet either ... all these things affect how FF interprets your temperature data ...

If your temp continues to rise then you def have ovulated ...!

Sorry I can't be of more help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back