ovulating - im gonna look thick here

BeckyJ

Reaction score
ok here goes :oops:

when is the actual time of ovulation? is it about 12 days after the start of your last period? is this the best time to conceive?

sorry girlies, im not too clever at all the technical stuff :oops:

The problem is you can never be sure when you ovulate, and some experts say it should be around day 14 of your cycle, but thats only if you have a perfect 28 day cycle which most women dont........the month I fell pregnant I ovulated on day 7 and the month previously on day 17 (mainly due to coming off the pill).

You need to look out for signs - changes in CM being the most significant. I used to get horrendous pains and upset stomach at the time of ovulation.

You can in effect conceive within a 5 day window, so a number of days before ovulation and then the day after you ovulate, as sperm can survive for a number of days and lie in wait for the egg.

You can also use ovulation prediction kits (very cheap on ebay for a bumper pack), which can also assist in telling you when you are about to ovulate!

Good Luck TTC.....

thanks hun

i have some ovulation prediction kits that i got in a pack with pregnancy test kits when i was ttc with summer

i mite give them a whirl in a minute

i never used them with summer so dont really get it :oops:

You are welcome......

Best thing to do with OPK's is to start using them around day 9 of your cycle (or earlier if you have really unpredictable cycles), use one after 2pm in the afternoon, and see if there is a line - just like a pregnancy test.

When the line gets very dark (or for me it never got darker than the control line, just darker than it had been on previous days), then you will ovulate within 12 to 36 hours so its time to get BD'ing!

I also used them twice a day - around 2pm and before bed. They worked first time I tried them!

Good luck!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back