Ovulate from one side or both?

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
When you ovulate and get those tiny twinges in your side, should it always be the same side or both sides? I know I should really know the answer to that but i honestly don't know!

:D

Hope this helps

What is Ovulation?
Ovulation refers to a specific phase in your menstrual cycle. Known as the ovulatory phase, it is during this time that your body releases an egg for fertilization. During the ovulatory phase, your body sends a series of signals that trigger an increase in the levels of estrogen in your body. In turn, this increase sets off a rise in luteinizing hormone (called the LH surge), a special hormone that helps you ovulate. When this LH surge reaches a certain point, one of your ovaries releases an egg. This egg will then travel down the fallopian tubes in order to be fertilized.

Although, just to mix it up a bit, it is possible, although rare, to ovulate from both ovaries. This may or may not result in non-identical twins, depending on whether both eggs are fertilised.

yup - random - and as has been said, on very rare occasions could be both sides.

I tend to ovulate from the right side, but occassionally it does it on the left! Must be special occassions!

Hey before I got my BFP, I had them twinges and pains in my right side so thought I had ovulated!
When I went for my early scan, he told me I had ovulated from the left ovary!?
Very odd haha I never get them pains etc on the left!? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back