Whats going on?!!!

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Loola, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

Hi, Im new here. My partner and I have been trying for our first baby for 6 months now. I am 3 days late, and im never usually late, its always been 29 days spot on. I tested this morning but it was negative. I keep having slight cramps, but not like period pains really. I dont have any premenstrual or pregnancy symptoms really, no sore boobs, no nausea or anything.

The thing is, im not sure if I ovulated this month. I tested 5 times but then ran out of tests, and there was no LH surge during those 5 days. I tested my basal temp and that didnt seem to change much. I can usually feel myself ovulate too, a sharp twinge down either side but i didnt get that this time. I may have ovulated alot later than normal, if this is the case would my period be late too? If I didnt ovulate at all I presume I should not get a period? Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them? Im really confused as to why I wouldnt ovulate? This is the last thing someone who wants to get pregnant so badly needs! Thank you for any advice you can give :)

2. libs

libs Well-Known Member

If you ovulate late - your period will be late. The time between your last period and ovulation can vary - but the time between ov and next period (luteal phase) never alters. If you don't ovulate at all you can still have a period - eventually your body just clicks in and has a period :?

It can happen for lots of reasons - and everyone can have an anovulatory cycle every now and then. I wouldn't stress right now

You more than likely ovulated late this cycle - as long as you had regular baby making sessions throughout - I wouldn't worry - you could still have caught the right day :D

oh and hi and welcome :wave:

3. Loola

Loola Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for that libs, it really has made alot more sense to me now. I wont feel too disappointed if Im not pregnant this time as long as there isnt anything majorly wrong going on down there! Thank you very much for your welcome :) I have a feeling I will be on here alot from now on! :D