Overweight at 8 weeks and concerned!?!

Clareabella

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I am very overweight and due to this have to see the hypertension team as well as normal checks.
Although I have no Bp problems in the past, I know I am high risk.

Problem is I am feeling so sick, being sick about three times a day and the only thing I Feel like eating is the stuff I shouldn't be. Peanut butter, sugary snacks etc. I have bought in loads of fruit and veg but can't seem to stomach it because I feel so rough!
Tried all the ginger products, mints, boiled water etc. But still managing to feel sick but hungry for naughty stuff!

Any advice? Xxxxx

I've got a realy craving for bad food too, especially sweet stuff like cakes! my moto atm is that eating something, even if it is naughty, is better than eating nothing at all! just make sure you take vitamin tabs and do try the fruit and veg every now and again. Rasiens are good as they feel like sweeties but are good for you, what about dried fruit too? tasty without any of the mushyness that comes with real fruit.

How far along are you? It may only be for a few weeks that you feel like this, just get back to eating healthy as soon as you can stomach it.

Hey!

It's a tricky one. just got to force yourself to put some goodness in-easier said than done isn't it?

Are you drinking lots of water ?
Xx

CanI ask...What week are you in your pregnancy? I havent had any craves yet but saying that im only 5 weeks or so! What is the norm? xxx

CanI ask...What week are you in your pregnancy? I havent had any craves yet but saying that im only 5 weeks or so! What is the norm? xxx

Hey Ems,

lol i didn't think i was having any cravings.. but when i looked a bit closer the cracks were there!

Its changed as times gone on, im not craving any particular thing, just like putting odd combinations together. e.g cottage cheese and parma ham- i never eat any of those foods! lol

I don't think theres a norm m'dear! good luck xx

I'm just 9 weeks. I do need to drink more but hate being sick so restricting everything which I know isn't good. Going to try some melon now!! Xxxx

hi, me v overweight too and i ended up losing loads weight thru pregnancy from sickness lol!! my blood pressure was fine, my advice regarding ur weight just monitor it so u dont go up , if u can try and maintain it???

as for sickness if its really bad they can prescribe cyclizine which is anti sickness tab its fantastic and easy to take and works immediately! :) xxx

I was on cyclizine and metoclopramide and both were good didn't stop me being sick but took the edge off the nausea a bit. I'm overweight, size 24 and 19st but I've not had any mention of hypertension, I am having a consultant led pregnancy but that is because I had a blood clot in my leg (dvt) 6 years ago and cos it wasn't diagnosed I had a pulmonary embolism where part of it moves into your lung, so apparantly because pregnancy increases the risk of dvt as our blood gets stickier I'm at a higher risk because I've had previous so I have to have daily fragmin injections to thin my blood, means I bruise like an Apple if someone brushes past me lol!!!
Ive had severe sickness since 6 weeks and all my healthy eating plans went out the window I can only eat bread and cheese!! However last 2 days its eased off so I can say it will get better and if u can eat healthy the rest of ur pregnancy there is a good chance u will lose weight and so when the baby puts weight on its what you have lost. My midwife and Dr are really confident I'll lose weight and therefore be the same weight at 38 weeks as I was at week 1.
Don't lose heart or worry while ur being sick just get some food in you chances are your eating less anyway because of the sickness so it shouldn't harm u then as soon as it passes at 10-12 weeks just eat as healthy as u can the rest of the pregnancy, ur midwife will tell u if she has any concerns and help u. Sorry for the long post! Ur not alone hon x

I'm just 9 weeks. I do need to drink more but hate being sick so restricting everything which I know isn't good. Going to try some melon now!! Xxxx

Definately definately drink as much as you can, its so easy to dehydrate without realising it when ur sick and it does make you feel worse. I ended up in hospital for 4 days on a drip wen I was 7.5 weeks, its far better to drink loads than get that bad! Now when I feel sick I have a glass of water then even if I'm still sick I'll have absorbed some!!!

My advice is peanut butter on celery sound gross but it's yummy!! Xx

Ah thanks girls. Lemonade has become my saviour for drinking, with lots of ice, and arrowroot biscuits are my meals. Managed some Chips last night and kept them down as went straight to sleep after! Sickbands are also making me feel more human! Xxx

I know this sounds undignified but burping really helps! Sometimes if I'm particularly nauseas if I force a burp I feel a lot better, trapped wind makes it worse!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back