Scan at 8 weeks

izzy1985

Reaction score
I couldnt wait and have caved! We have paid for a private early scan tomorow and I am so scared!I just need some reassurance that everything is how it should be. I havent had any nasty cramping or bleeding but Im not feeling very sick. Every now and then I get a bit of nause and the majority of the time its just tiredness and sore bbs. I also have a disgusting habbit of having the loudest burps ever,its the first thing i do in morning and last thying at night and all day in between!! Weird!!

I think im just paranoid and want to know all is ok and I have no patience whatsoever!!!. Anyone else feel like this? Also has anyone had scan about 8 weeks 4days? Did you see much??

Thanks

x

Hi Izzy,

Hopefully you will see allot at 8 weeks. I have a private scan at 6 weeks and saw a little bean with a heartbeat which made me feel so much better.... I don't think there is anything wrong with getting an early scan. Think it helps keep you positive for the coming weeks to the 12 week scan. I just keep reminding myself that there is a heartbeat and if it can do that which in itself is amazing then the rest is easy... well maybe not easy but just another step in this amazing process. :)

if it makes u feel better i had a scan at hospital at 6 and 8 wks and still paid for a private scan at 10 wks, lets face it when it comes to pregnancy us women whether we like to admit it or not become nervous as hell and i think if we could stay attatched to the scan machine 24 -7 for 9 months we would lol xx

How cool would that be to see your baby every day. Although I think it would loose its appeal as you could not notice the difference every day. But every two weeks would be really good.... :)

You should be able to see baby chick :) I had 2 early scans due to bleeding, and by the 8 week one could see babys head and body clearly, and could see it wriggling around x

Good luck for tomorrow chick x I'm sure all will be well :hug: x

Good luck lovely, I had a scan at 6 weeks due to some blood loss, and I could see the little flicker of the heartbeat, that in itself made me feel a million times better. I am sure you'll love seeing your little baby for the first time

Now feel much better and reassured after seeing that tiny flickering heartbeat! :)

I hope everything goes ok for you hunny. I was so tempted to have a scan too (Im 8 weeks) but the MW this morning told me its very rare to find a heartbeat at this stage so it put me off. Id love to know how it goes for you as might make me want to book too !
X

Last edited:
Yay, congratulations :D.

I had a scan at 8+2 weeks and I found seeing the heart beating very reassuring, I'd read that the presence of a heartbeat really reduces your risk of miscarriage so good for you girl :D.

Last edited:
It really has set my mind at ease. I was worried as I dont feel nearly as awful as I had expected to, so I was automatically thinking something was wrong!I guess im just lucky (touch wood!!).

The heart beat was the first thing we saw, and then it was wriggling everywhere. Was great to see. I think my OH was more stunned by it than me, its really sunk in now! :) She also showed us the blood circulation between me and baby/womb/babymaking places :lol: and she said it looked exacatly how it should so a big sigh of releif!

The lady who did the scan said she gets so many people wanting early scans as reassurance.

I felt a bit silly getting one, im young fit and healthy and I suppose its a bit of a luxury but I am really happy that we did:)

x

Im so glad it went well for you hun. Ive booked mine after all that. I go on Sunday this week at 3.45pm, Ill be 8+3 then. They were lovely on the phone and made me feel reassured of stats etc.

Its one thing someone telling you that your low risk but another thing to actually see the heartbeat.... Glad you are going for it Cherrybinky.... That way whenever you feel unsure you can remember seeing that little heartbeat. :)

Glad everything went well Izzy.... It is amazing... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back