Overdue - what else can I do??

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I was due on Sunday 2nd so only 2 days over but i'm so uncomfortable now, finding it so hard to sleep as I can't find a comfy position. I keep having really painful BH's but thats about all, had show late last week & a little more yesterday. Was monitored at Hospital last week & was having contractions but very irregular - they said I was in Slow Labour - So I don't think it is going to be long but is there anything else i've missed that you can recommend I try??

I've tried the things below over the past 4 days:

~2 x Fresh Pineapple's (couldn't eat too much though as Heartburn Kicked in!!)
~Raspberry Leaf tablets since 36 weeks (now on 3000mg per day)
~Long walk (SPD is giving me jip now though - can't win!)
~Cleaning
~Bouncing on Birth Ball
~Changing all bedding
~Scrubbing floors
~Relaxing
~Hot Baths
~Sex
~Nipple Twiddling!
~& finally we've got Curry for tea tonight! :?

Don't think I could do the Castor oil thing so thats off the agenda. :puke:

Is there anything else I could try or do I just have a stubborn little Madam?!?!?

My 1st DD came a day early so I was hoping this LO would follow suit - no such luck. :shakehead:

Arrange a nice massage/meal with a friend, to have your hair done (even if it's just washed and blow dried), anything that you could look forward to-you'll go into labour either just before, during or if you're lucky-after! Taking your mind slightly off it may be the answer (I know it's impossible, Ricky was 2 weeks early and I was feeling as restless as you!).

Good luck-sending masses of labour dust! :pray:

try reflexology - i did when i was 4 days overdue and went into labour 12 hours later.

Raspberry leaf doesn't bring on labour fwiw. That's to help aid second stage of delivery and promote healing after giving birth.

If you are in latent labour at least things are happening. I'm sure LO will be here when ready.

First of all :hug: I know your desperate now but it will be over soon, IMO nothing really works your body will start when its ready and there is no hurrying it unless you get medical intervention.

One night I was on a mission to get Esme out as like you i was so uncomfy, I had a hot hot curry, pineapple, radox blue shower, sex and bounced on my DS trampoline/birthing ball for hours and I had the beast nights sleep ever :roll: the exact opposite of what I wanted but at least I got some needed sleep!!

I agree with the pampering session and keeping yourself busy (which you have prob been doing for the last few weeks any how)

Lots of labour dust on its way to you

aww I know how you feel.
My daughter was 18 days overdue and my son 15 days overdue.

It's not fun, but it's nearly over, don't worry hun :hug:

i have to be honest i think a baby will come when its ready and not before unless medically intervented.

I was exactly like you! I tried EVERYTHING to get myself into labout (everything you've listed) and i ended up being induced at 40+12. I now think that when baby is ready... it will come and if not only hospitals can help!!!!

I was so frustrated though and made myself so sick with all the pineapple i used to eat :puke: I still cant eat it now...

Good luck for the birth :hug:

iv heard some stuff about clary sage oil,but best to google it as im not too sure!!! hope things get moving for you soon!!! x :hug: x

christmasbabygirl said:
iv heard some stuff about clary sage oil,but best to google it as im not too sure!!! hope things get moving for you soon!!! x :hug: x

Meant to be used when in labour to get contractions stronger and sticking around. If not in labour I'd not advise to use it as its strong stuff. My contractions were made very strong and fast by clary sage when my MW used it on me when I was in labour. My contractions had stopped and she used the oil to get them going again. Bloody hell it worked well and I went into second stage labour within an hour.

Because its so strong I'd not use it if not actually in labour, baby isn't ready. It caused me to have such strong contractions and I was so glad my MW was here to make sure all was well.

Thanks for replies Ladies.

I think you are all right, I need to stop being impatient & wait!! She'll come out when she's good & ready - lets just hope it's sooner rather than later. x

Sherlock said:
Meant to be used when in labour to get contractions stronger and sticking around. If not in labour I'd not advise to use it as its strong stuff. My contractions were made very strong and fast by clary sage when my MW used it on me when I was in labour. My contractions had stopped and she used the oil to get them going again. Bloody hell it worked well and I went into second stage labour within an hour.

I also had clary sage around me jst before labour, not sure if it made the difference but i never got a build up in contractions, one minute i was fine the next i was having contractions every 1-2 minutes, i wouldnt recommend it.

I also had tried everything to get her out. I think it's primrose oil which is meant to soften your cervix, i tried that (has to go up like a pessery)

And i did take castor oil, which may also have contributed to my fast labour. Even though it worked for me i would never recommend it to others. I was lucky, i didnt end up with nasty bowels and i didnt end up pooing myself in labour, it also helped loads with that first bowel movement after labour lol, others wont be as lucky.

I hope bubs gets a move on for you, i was a week over with Tally and miserable lol

i did everything on your list and still had to be induced lol

I am sorry but i have to add this one even through its pretty minging....sperm ingested.

Yes i mean swallowed. :oops:

Apparently it works better this way than normal sex....personally i'd rather wait! :rotfl:

I did the nipple stimulation when i was due and after a good 20 mins of lying with my feet up against the wall on my back playing with my nipples my waters broke!! i was on the phone at the time to my friend (little did she know what i was doing!) i absolutely howled with laughter when it happened because she started to panic saying 'what should i do!'

pie&twink said:
Thanks for replies Ladies.

I think you are all right, I need to stop being impatient & wait!! She'll come out when she's good & ready - lets just hope it's sooner rather than later. x

I remember the feeling well!
I was term +12 in the end. She did come by herself, just slowly!

Do some of the things you mightn't get a chance to do once bubs is here:

Long baths
Read books/magazines
Drink tea whilst it's still hot
Enjoy eating meals all in one go!
Rest, sleep when possible
Have some 'you' time, in whatever way you enjoy best!
Give yourself a manicure etc

Once bubs is here time will go really fast so enjoy the slow pace - easier said than done I know!

Oooh and enjoy your bump! I miss mine (now it's just a jellybump, haha) xxx

Cixes said:
I am sorry but i have to add this one even through its pretty minging....sperm ingested.

Apparently it works better this way than normal sex....personally i'd rather wait! :rotfl:

:rotfl: I'm not that desperate....................YET!!
I'll wait a few more days before trying that one!

Thanks for replies Ladies.x

I think trying things to start labour stressed me out more then it did any good. None of the things I tried worked and I think it made the wait longer. Just relax and enjoy some time to yourself. I remember when my labour started and I wished it would stop after about 4 hours lol!

Cixes said:

i was due on wednesday the 11th june, nothing happened so on the thursday night i done that :lol:

on the friday i had lower back pain all day and the saturday i went into proper labour and aiden was boen 13:46 saturday 14th :D

good luck xx

I can't really think of anything else that's not already on your list other than a glass or two of red wine!

When I was 10 days overdue I saw my MW, who told me to go home, have a hot curry, a glass of red wine, and sex! Got home and OH had gone out and bought a bottle of red & a chicken jalfrezi (indian curry). Had the curry and 2 glasses of red wine which made me feel sick, but still managed sex afterwards! :lol: At 6.20am the following morning, my contractions started... so it might be worth a try! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back