Over-tired

mayday

Reaction score
Until recently my baby has slept happily in her pram while I get on a do stuff. I would watch for her showing signs she was tired, and as soon as I saw them, pop her in the pram, walk her up the lane and off she'd go.

Just these last few days though she won't go off for a nap. I can walk her round in the pram all I like, and she lies there for a bit, you think she is off to sleep, and then she sits bolt upright, turns round and giggles at me. When the walking around clearly isn't working I put her back down in the house, and she just slumphs around wailing and rubbing her eyes, and trying to climb on my lap. So I have tried taking her out in the car, putting her in he cot, laying on my bed with her,
singing to her, and have worn a groove in the track outside my house walking her in the pram! She just carries on playing but looking so tired at the same time.

Does anyone have any ideas at all what I can do with an overtired baby? She's driving me mad with her refusal to sleep while at the same time moaning about how tired she is!

Would you try her in a sling or carrier so she is close to you?

Evie was sleepy like you described until she hit about 5-6 weeks old... she now fights daytime sleep... I basically get on with my day and I found that when i stopped worrying about it it just seems to happen... we have some days where she manages to survive on a couple of 10 minute naps and others like today where she slept for 3 hours and it was hard to rouse her... I have spoken to other mums and their babies are the same... I actually believe that our babies need sleep like they need milk, more some days than others....

Of course I'm not particularly worried about routine during the day, I personally find it easier as i can do what I want to do each day without having to fit in with Evies routine... however obviously if you want a routine then my advice doesn't help.. sorry

I have a sleep fighter here! She doesn't usually sleep more than a total of 2 hours in the day. She is absolutely shattered by 11.30am and about 3pm. I've found she settles really well on a comfy cushion or pillow (supervised) and used to suck herself to sleep with her dummy. She's not interested in the dummy any more but she has a sort of cuddly comforter thing she touches and chews on and eventually sleep wins. Occasionally I will just hold her close or take her out for a walk in the baby carrier.

I don't know because my baby gets SOOO overtired yet wont nap - it's hard work getting him to nap if I'm at home. Out in the car or pram is no problem but if we're at home it's a nightmare!

Kylie1007 said:
I don't know because my baby gets SOOO overtired yet wont nap - it's hard work getting him to nap if I'm at home. Out in the car or pram is no problem but if we're at home it's a nightmare!

yep my lo is exactly the same! :roll: i am constantly stressing that she isn't getting enough sleep. she naps for about 20 mins at a time and has about 1 hour 1/2 total in an everage day. if i don't go out it's less than that and she's always really grumpy. by 6pm cos she's exhausted!!! sorry... you wanted advice hun. just thought i'd let you know that other babies are the same! :(

All these sleep fighters we have on our hands. Perhaps it's a 2008 baby thing? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back