pushchair - how old is too old?

Xena

Reaction score
I went for a walk to the shops today and I took the tandem pram. Usually Lydia likes walking on the way back but she gets too tired to walk the whole way there and back.

Anyway on the way there we passed this woman who was walking her dog, and she started saying to her dog "Benji look at that poor girl in that pram - she ought to be walking - what a disgustingly lazy mother!"

I felt like smacking her but I bit my tongue.

But is she right though? Is Lydia too old to be using a pushchair? It's got me all paranoid now.

stupid cow of course she isnt to old, Hannah is 2 and uses her buggy every day

My niece is 3 in February and still uses the pushchair when my sister walks into town. It's a half hour walk either way and although she can do it she gets tired and quite often has a nap on the way home.

Some people should mind their own bloody business! (And not talk to dogs :roll: )

silly cow. u sud of smacked her one! a half hour walk - her poor little feet.
keep her in there for as long as she needs it hun :hug:

Is she hell to old. Poor we soul only has wee legs and if she is in the buggy then she is where you can see her. Im sure if she wanted to have a walk you would let her but that woman should mind heer own business. Whats she telling the dog for??

Jessica is 3 and very occasionaly goes in her buggy.

Most times she is on the buggy board.

I don't that Lydia is too old. I think that when they get to about three they should be walking most of the time but not at just over two years old. What's it got to do with her anyway :x My little brother is three and he walks most places but if it's really bad weather or a long way to go he still goes in the buggy.

i wouldnt listen to an old biddy who talks to her dog hun haha :rotfl:

if Lydia still wants to go in her pushchair then thats her choice :)

That is really stupid from that woman!!!! That isnt too old!!!
The other day I was out in the city with Daniel and my other mummy friend, and we saw a boy, who was about SEVEN in a pushchair!!!! THAT is old! (Btw, the boy wasnt disabled or havent been able to walk or anything! He was trying to get out the pushchair, and women (have no idea was it a mum or what?) was smacking his head with her little purse for him trying to do that) :doh: :? :?

OMG! How did you restrain yourself!!!! What a stooooooooopid woman, she needs to get a life and mind her own business!

thanks ladies - you've reassured me :)
If I see her again I'll make some comment to Lydia about how her dog ought to be in a pram lol ;)

hun i wouldnt worry, the woman was talking to her dog, enough said really. Shes still young and her little feet will still get tired :hug:

Em.. Have I missed something? She said you were lazy for pushing her in her pushchair??? :think: What is lazier for mum? Pushing a child or having them walk? Children aren't light to push around!
Ignore the crazy woman.
I used to childmind a little girl and she was still in a pushchair at 4. It was a lot of work to push her in it to I was very pleased when her parents decided to stop. There's a long time until your little girl is 4.

Aww inore her xena, stephen is 3 and uses one around town when m and his dad take them both out, and when I take him to school he sits on Imogens Travel system cos he gets so tired and its cold and horrible.

Why cant people mind their own business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back