Our dog had to be put to sleep today!

lea m

Reaction score
:(
We got up this morning and he seemed a little strange! Hes not been right for a while but today was worse! He got an infection in his eye again and we decided to take him to the vet! While I was getting the children dressed he was walking about in circles and walking into walls etc and then went into the downstairs toilet and got behind it and seemed like he was trying to walk through the wall and it was horrible! I took the kids to my sisters and took him to the vet who agreed that his quality of life was diminished and thought it best to euthanize him :( It was horrible and I tried to be strong for Joe as he was in bits and Ive never seen him so upset but I couldnt stop crying! He did look so peaceful when he was gone though and I felt a strange happiness for him! It horrible back home though I keep nearly calling him or going to the back door thinking I have locked him out! :(
The kids were so sad too but I told them about that poem and that he was at Rainbow bridge and we all feel better thinking of him there!
Strange thing is yesterday, we saw the most beautiful rainbow! It was so bright I could see each colour and it was a full arch! I was amazed as Ive never seen a rainbow so bright where I could see each colour and the whole of it so now its like the rainbow came for him and the kiddies seem happier for that!

Oh I forgot to say he was 15 and Joe had had him from being about 6 weeks old! Hes been my dog also for 10 years nearly :( Its so hard and will be hard getting used to him not being there! :(

:cry: Run free at the bridge boy :cry:

Sorry for your loss :hug: :hug:

So sorry to read this hun. We lost our family dog earlier this year too and it hit us all so much harder than expected. Sending lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all x

oh thats really sad feel for you all dont know what we would do without are little man!!

Awww I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Lea :(

Sending you :hug:
Joe :hug:
Joseph :hug:
Dillon :hug:
Lucy :hug:
Lola :hug:

Enjoy the rainbow lil doggy :hug:

Sarah xxx

I'm really sorry hun :hug: I know exactly how your feeling, we had to have our cat put to sleep last week and it was heartbreaking, can't get used to him not being here!
Hope you all feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: sorry to hear of your loss hun :hug:

It's hard to lose a member of the family :hug:

OMG i am so so sorry :hug: he had a good long life though, thanks to you :)

I'm so sorry for your loss - family pets are so hard to let go. It's good that you were able to let him go and not let him suffer, I regret not taking our cat to the vets sooner but I knew at the time it would be a one way trip and couldn't face it.

Hope you're all ok. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back