our birth stories

I was born May 5th 1989, at North staffs hospital, not sure what time but I was 9lb 12oz and purple! My mum said I needed oxygen straight away, and when I came out purple, she thought I wasnt alive :shock: they gave me oxygen and i went pink from feet upwards...

They cut the cord but as they clamped it they clamped it to my leg :evil: which caused a nasty bruise and they tried to keep me and my mum in over it because they diddn't know what it was from...idiots!

My mum said the midwifes would just come and pick me up and take me around to show everyone, nobody could believe how heavy and long I was lol.

She also said, she was sitting in the canteen and a lady said to her, GOSH HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF THAT BABY OF THE WARD...my mum said, yeah, she's mine LMAO!

oh budge, just read u were 9lb 12oz too! what was the weight of your first child? lol,would be mad if my daughter came out the same!

everyone kept coming and looking at me too jade when i was born coz i was so big.

my first child was only 7 and half pound so don't you worry. :hug:

lol phew, i said i wanted a pudgy baby but not a muff splitting one! :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

my second was a muff splitter though 8pound 14.

my sisters baby was 9lb 14oz, she was home within a couple of hours with no stitches :shock: superrrr stretchy lol...i hope I inherited that too! My biggest fear is having a tear or having to be cut...I hate stitches!

i tore quite badly with my first even though she wasn't very big. I think i pushed when i should have panted but its so hard not to when the urge comes.

I think i have a bucket fanny now though as i had my third weighing 8 pound and no stitches.

hehe i doubt its a bucket, ur mary probably just got used to it...my sister always asks her oh if she has a bucket now, he says no, it feels different but in a good way though... :think:

im so scared mine wont go back to normal afterwards lol

it does do back to normal. I asked to look at my tuppence after i had my first to see for myself that it look normal. It did.

I know I'm not from the third tri but I thought this was interesting and would add my story.

I was the 4th and last child for my mum but not my dad. I wasn't planned at all as my mum was on the mini pill whilst breastfeeding. She told me she contemplated an abortion but couldn't do it. On the day she went into labour my mum cycled to Tesco to get some shopping whilst her waters were leaking. She went to hospital a few hours later as she thought she'd better with her waters been leaking for so long. She got there and was told it would be hours until I was born so they sent my dad home. They put a suction cup on my head and I was spinning round inside. My mum said it was like the exorcist cos you could see the wire turning and going back again. Then about an hour after they sent my dad home I was born. My mum went from 3cm to 10cm in under an hour. I weighed 10lb and half an oz, no stitches haha. :D

i was born on the 6th july 1983 in hospital, at 8:32pm, i weighed 6lb 1oz
i was born 2 weeks early, my mum was in labour for 6 hours.
i was my mums first child and my dads second

sarahxxx

me-23
oh-23
abigail-27/11/03
tia-11/12/04
jordan-24/12/05

Strangeness,

A 10 lb. babe and no stitches? Wow you go girl, that is awesome! I mean, tearing is a worry for me. Plus a friend of mine said her 9 lb. baby was so big it broke a collar bone during the birth! So many things to worry about, eh?

When I had my first in America 12 years ago, they forced me to have an epesiotomy done, even though my baby was 7 lbs. I didn't want it, but they pressured me. Hopefully things will go more smoothly this time. Every pregnancy is different though!

Oh yeah and my baby's due date is around the 31st of October, so I'm hoping it will be born on Halloween! That would be so cool, I think :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back