Our bin chute was on fire!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
Some stupid idiot set our bin chute on fire. As we are on the top floor the smoke came right up the chute and onto our floor. We had just given Aimee a bath and I could smell a bonfire. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, then I heard someone in the block shout out their window so I looked out the kitchen window and saw blue flashing lights coming from the car park. I couldn't see what it was. Ewan then went into the hall, stopped and told me to get dressed and to get Aimee in her snowsuit. The smoke was in our hall. Panic stations set in and we began running about like headless chickens. Ewan ran down the stairs and checked each floor while I got Aimee, who was screaming by this point, ready to leave.

When he came back he told me everything was fine and said it was the bin chute. The fireman came up to talk to our neighbour who phoned the fire brigade. He said that he knew it was probably the bin chute but with Aimee on the floor he panicked. How sweet, he really is a nice man. He even chapped the door to make sure we were alright. We rarely see him but he is lovely. Nice of him to be concerned about Aimee's safety and wellbeing.

Fireman said our flat will probably smell for most of the night now. :evil: Thankfully Aimee is alright, we got her fed after and she is now back asleep. Annoyed that she got upset because of some idiot. Firemen think someone put a lit fag down the chute! :shakehead:

what an eejit :x

sounds like u have a nice neighbour tho and glad it wasnt worse :hug: :hug:

Some people have no common sense! :shakehead: The flat is still smelling like a bonfire this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back