Ouch - torn muscle

Tadpole

Reaction score
At least that's what I think it is.

I have had a pain just under my right rib for weeks now. At first i put it down to my stretching uterus but over the past couple of weeks it has got really, really sore and feels very inflamed and is stinging. I spoke to the midwife and she says it sounds like I have torn a muscle. I 'spose it can't heal either because it is constantly being stretched. (And kicked & prodded).

Oh well - all things considered I have gotten off fairly lightly in terms of pain up till now. I finish work in 2 & 1/2 weeks so can rest up then - sitting at my desk all day seems to irritate it more. Luckily work are fine with me getting up for a wander every now and again to ease it.

Awww :hug: hope you manage to get some relief from it when your maternity leave starts. I'm sure those two weeks will go really quickly :D

ouch i've had a torn muscle in my shoulder though so i know how you feel, must be really sore under your ribs its bad enough when baby gets feetg stuck under ribs without having a torn muscle.

take care and try and rest best you can.

bobs xxxxx

Ouch hunny :hug: sorry your in pain love hope being off on maternity soon means you can rest up.
be careful at work and take care can work helps at all with making the working day less painful?

sarah :hug: :hug:

oh, I hope its not what i have... I don't know if you read my old thread but I ended up having real dramas as I was in so much pain (still am but getting used to it) and no one seemed to be able to tell me what it was until I was at the hospital and had seen so many people!
Mine feels like I'm being stabbed every now and again but otherwise is just a stinging and numb feeling. Warm baths and cold flannels seem to help a little. Hope it gets better for you :hug: :hug:

Tadpole said:
At least that's what I think it is.

I have had a pain just under my right rib for weeks now. At first i put it down to my stretching uterus but over the past couple of weeks it has got really, really sore and feels very inflamed and is stinging. I spoke to the midwife and she says it sounds like I have torn a muscle. I 'spose it can't heal either because it is constantly being stretched. (And kicked & prodded).

Oh well - all things considered I have gotten off fairly lightly in terms of pain up till now. I finish work in 2 & 1/2 weeks so can rest up then - sitting at my desk all day seems to irritate it more. Luckily work are fine with me getting up for a wander every now and again to ease it.

i dont think it is a torn muscle. ive had the exact same pain you describe since 18wks, been signed off and offered a ranges of diagnoses, including gall stones, torn muscles and thoracic pain.

i spoke to my physio and she offered steps to ease the pain, but unfortunately there is no quick fix. it goes away slowly after the birth, apparently..

speak to a physio, who will explain what exactly is happening to your ribs just now, what they consist of (bone and softer tissue) and hopefully this will help you understand the pain.

i find it really grating. kinda bearable throughout the day, then i cant take any more by tea time, and get in the bath, which eases it for an hour or so. different stretches can help to, your physio will advise.

lastly, lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you. i know exactly what you are going through, and it's not pleasant. only reason i got to the bottom of it was because i met a physio who retrained as a middy, and was pretty hot on pregnancy issues.

Take care chick

your gall bladder is on your right side, and any pain on that side should be checked.

apparently gallstones can start during pregnancy...but you would know about it if it were gallstones - you wouldn't be able to put up with the pain for long which is likened to being worse than an abcess on the root of a tooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back