OPK Question

Jen79

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Me and hubby have decided to TTC number 2 (our DD Kate is 9 months old and we would like them close together if we can!) I bought some ovulation test kits yesterday, I havent tried to chart or anything like that yet but I have so far had 3 regular 31 day cycles since having Kate. My LMP was on the 19th August so by my calculations I should ov today. I did a test last night and the control line was the same as the test line. I did another one earlier on today and it was much the same. How long do you get this for? I suppose from what I have been reading then my surge might have been on monday and I couldve missed it? How long does the test line stay similar in colour strength to the control? Does it fade away quickly or gradually after ovulation? Any help would be great, I am new to this stuff as I never bothered last time. Ta

Jen

When you get the positive OPK then it means you'll probably ovulate within 24 - 36 hours. The surge normally lasts for 12 -24 hours so it makes sense that you still got the positive result today.

You are probably just about to ovulate so get some action in ASAP!!!

The line on the OPK will gradually fade after ovulation, think of it like a chart - starting at nothing, gradually rising, then reducing at the same rate.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi

You may have read my message Need a Cuddle and seen I have a UTI. Did and OPK this afternoon and the second line was really strong so will OV in the next 24-36 hours (Typical). I don't feel up to b'ding but may be ok tomorrow evening. Do you think that may be to late?

Mx

I dont know to be honest, maybe that would be ok, maybe a bit late? I am new to all this so not the best to ask for advice!

There's still a tiny chance - if you caught your surge right at the beginning, you don't ov for 24 hrs and you egg survives a little time - but really its got to be tonight - so get motivating yourself :wink:

I know from the anaecdotal evidence on here it seems to get the best results if you bd the day before OV - so bd every other day in the run up to ov and you'll catch the day before or the day of ov :D

libs said:
There's still a tiny chance - if you caught your surge right at the beginning, you don't ov for 24 hrs and you egg survives a little time - but really its got to be tonight - so get motivating yourself :wink:

I know from the anaecdotal evidence on here it seems to get the best results if you bd the day before OV - so bd every other day in the run up to ov and you'll catch the day before or the day of ov :D

Hi

Thanks. The plan was to get busy last night but couldn't due to UTI, a bit scared to do it tonight as it like peeing glass at the mo.

We usually do it every other night - poor DH a bit knackered :rotfl:

get him some vitamins and tell him it's good practice for sleepless nights :wink: :rotfl:

I'm making him take Zinc and eat tomato soup at the mo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back